2# with predator canned tune?

03stx

Established Member
I just installed a 2# lower pulley and I am unsure which predator canned tune to install. I currently have the unpullied tune installed from my predator but I was wondering if I should go ahead and install the pulley tune from the predator even with just a 2# pulley?

I have the predator updated to the latest update, 8rev10.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
Not giving you a hard time but why not give DiabloSport a call and ask them? That would be your best bet at getting the correct answer. Isn't there a 1-800 number in the owners manual?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
the recanned pulley tune is made for 14lbs of boost

it will be pig friggin rich for 2lbs over stock.....way to rich to run IMO....

YOu can put the 2lb on...and drive on stock tune to the dyno....stay out of boost and you should be fine....

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
When I bought my L it came with a 2lb lower and I didn't know??It
ran fine with the stock tune and BP/Amoco93.

When I purchased my Diablo I ran my L a little while on the pulley tune
(2lb lower) before I swapped out for a 6lb lower(WOW!!! HaHa what a
difference!!!

03stx

Established Member
This is my DD and I don't know when I will be able to get to a dyno. I am going to reinstall the stock tune and see what happens. The reason I was concerend was because on light throttle between 35 and 60 mph and while cruising, the truck seems to be running a little rough. It almost feels like it is missing or something. Just a slight roughness that is enough to bother me. It is only under the light throttle or cruising like I said. I just replaced my plugs the same day I installed the pulley. I gapped them at .040

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
thats a driveability problem. 2 more #'s of boost isnt gonna affect anything till you whack the throttle.

03stx

Established Member
yeah it seems to be running really well under boost. So i guess I should start taking the plugs out one at a time to see if one got messed up upon install. would this be the best thing to do?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
03stx said:
yeah it seems to be running really well under boost. So i guess I should start taking the plugs out one at a time to see if one got messed up upon install. would this be the best thing to do?

might wanna hit up the dealer to have it scanned sounds to me like a COP is going bad...

if your not already try running tr6's gapped at .035

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
a little time extensive, but it sure wouldnt hurt. do you know how to read them? not being a wise ass, just checkin.

Bootbox

Established Member
I'd run the stock tune too. I ran around on my 4lbr for months with no tune and if you stay out of it when it's below 70 degrees outside you've got nothing to worry about. The stock tune is very conservative.

As far as your driveability issue, replace the fuel filter first to see if that cures it. Then if you're going in to check anyway I'd just put new spark plugs in there (TR6s gapped at .035-.036) Also make sure the coilpacks are moisture free and put some dielectric grease in each one before reinstalling.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Bootbox said:
I'd run the stock tune too. I ran around on my 4lbr for months with no tune and if you stay out of it when it's below 70 degrees outside you've got nothing to worry about. The stock tune is very conservative.

As far as your driveability issue, replace the fuel filter first to see if that cures it. Then if you're going in to check anyway I'd just put new spark plugs in there (TR6s gapped at .035-.036) Also make sure the coilpacks are moisture free and put some dielectric grease in each one before reinstalling.
X2. good idea Bootbox.

Bootbox

Established Member
Yeah I had a tiny bit of moisture in a coilpack and it took me forever to figure out what was wrong with my truck. I think it worked it's way in there from the high pressure undercarriage spray at the laser carwash. It's a shame too because I'm super lazy and love me some laserwash. :D

03stx

Established Member
I just replaced the plugs on saturday when I installed the pulley. I used TR-6's and i gapped them at .040. I replaced the fuel filter about 6k miles ago. Where can I get some dialectic grease? i didn't use that when I reinstalled this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread