20" Wheels On The GT350R

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I like them. Looks very good.
Thanks man
Look good! I would prefer the split stoke design on the white 350, but the newest ones look badass as well!
The SV301 is a good looking wheel. No argument from me on that one.
They look great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks bro!
I’ve already expressed my need for these wheels.

But I’mpretty sure there’s no way I can even introduce the price to my wife.

PM incoming anyways...
PM sent, with hope and a light at the end of the tunnel
Look expensive, but also great on your car!
Its probably the most expensive looking wheel I have ever owned, but didn't drain my bank account. I am glad the quality of the wheel exceeds the price point.
Baby making sex....
I know you wont do it, but a slight drop would make this even sexier. Those wheels = ballin!!!!
This is the struggle I have every time I see the car. A slight drop would make this thing look so good when its hard parked. Its just that unknown driveway I cant get over that makes me chicken out.
I'm a fan! The only thing I would do is go with a slightly taller tire for a little more sidewall.
Agreed. Once Michelin develops a 315/30/20 in a street tire I will be there also
Very nice!
Thanks B
I wasn't too impressed with the wheels off of the car. However, they look perfect on there.
Glad to see the impression changed. Visuals are hard to get without seeing it as a package.
That looks phenomenal.

Couldn't drive around here with tires like that. But, the look is sweet.
Fortunate to have fairly good roads here in CA. Other places you need a little more sidewall.
Im the odd man out I much prefer the 19's, tires are stretched too thin for me
You would probably enjoy it more with a 30 series side wall. Its possible if the wheels were 20x11 square, since a 305/30/20 is readily available. Finding a 315/30/20 in a street tire is not possible at the moment, so the 25 series is whats available.
Looks good! Plus I will sleep better tonight knowing your wheels match on both sides!
I came close to mixing it up bro. VERY CLOSE
What's the weight of the new wheels?
The new wheels are approximately 26lbs per my bathroom scale. These were a little too wide for it though.
Far too many colors going on with the car. Don't care for those wheels on that car.
Hmmmm. What colors would you choose?
I guess I'm in the minority as well, i think they're horrible.
Everybody has their own tastes brother. Its all good.
I suppose I'm in the middle on the wheels, they look okay. I think 3-piece wheels look out of place on a gt350. They do distract from all of the ricer stickers through, so that's a positive (I think?)!

On a serious note: why not fix the poke on the rear? I know the stock gt350r wheels have some poke, and you stated signature copied the stock offsets, but it still looks bad.
Rice is soo good though!

To better answer your question you have to understand the engineering behind why there is rear poke, and that its not an area to be fixed. The wider 11.5 rear wheel on the R requires a certain amount of inboard clearance to ensure the tire does not rub the body under hard cornering, suspension articulation, and compression at the track. The wider front fenders give a wider front track, and for this particular car it handled better with the wider rear track also. Pulling the rear wheels inboard would cause issues with clearance, and that's something you do not want coming through a downhill sweeper with an elevation change. You could pull the rear wheels in assuming you decreased the rear width to 11", but again you are reducing rear grip and performance. Track cars also tend to handle better with more negative camber. Track suspension settings on this car will further reduce inboard clearance, which you do not want to reduce drastically. In a 19" wheel you could pull the wheel in 2-3 mm and likely be fine, but a 20" wheel has a larger diameter, and further reducing inboard clearance. From a performance standpoint there is no question that it is correct for the car, however the aesthetics are subject to the individual.
That's about right
NASTY! (In a good way)
Yeah, I am picking up what you are putting down.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Here are a couple more that I took and edited during the shoot.

SV306S GT350R Morning Shoot (2 of 7).jpg
SV306S GT350R Morning Shoot (3 of 7).jpg
SV306S GT350R Morning Shoot (4 of 7).jpg
SV306S GT350R Morning Shoot (5 of 7).jpg

08mojo

Established Member
To better answer your question you have to understand the engineering behind why there is rear poke, and that its not an area to be fixed. The wider 11.5 rear wheel on the R requires a certain amount of inboard clearance to ensure the tire does not rub the body under hard cornering, suspension articulation, and compression at the track. The wider front fenders give a wider front track, and for this particular car it handled better with the wider rear track also. Pulling the rear wheels inboard would cause issues with clearance, and that's something you do not want coming through a downhill sweeper with an elevation change. You could pull the rear wheels in assuming you decreased the rear width to 11", but again you are reducing rear grip and performance. Track cars also tend to handle better with more negative camber. Track suspension settings on this car will further reduce inboard clearance, which you do not want to reduce drastically. In a 19" wheel you could pull the wheel in 2-3 mm and likely be fine, but a 20" wheel has a larger diameter, and further reducing inboard clearance. From a performance standpoint there is no question that it is correct for the car, however the aesthetics are subject to the individual.

I get all of that, but for wheels that won't be tracked and are really geared towards aesthetics, I'd go for a flush offset.

Regardless of my thoughts, it still looks pretty good!

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
I get all of that, but for wheels that won't be tracked and are really geared towards aesthetics, I'd go for a flush offset.

Regardless of my thoughts, it still looks pretty good!
Oh, I am tracking these in October bro. We have a Signature Wheel Track day setup at Thunder Hill Raceway Park. They will see some apex’s ;)

08mojo

Established Member
Oh, I am tracking these in October bro. We have a Signature Wheel Track day setup at Thunder Hill Raceway Park. They will see some apex’s ;)

Nice, I stand corrected!

Be sure to post some pics. Your pictures always turn out great! Do you host your pictures anywhere, say Flickr or similar?

Users who are viewing this thread