2000 Cobra R EPIC Ride Along At Road America

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Soo soo bad. Ive seen a few people on this forum post videos holding the wheel very wrong. Arent there instructors at these hpde's to show basic seating positions?
I've only ever had one. He was super strict about seating position and hand position.

My prior instructors didn't care at all, they were there for the free track day.

MFE

Established Member
I've only ever had one. He was super strict about seating position and hand position.

My prior instructors didn't care at all, they were there for the free track day.

I'm not too militant about hand position until they drive with one hand, or with both hands at the top of the wheel like that. Drives me crazy. And I get at least one student per season who does it. I've asked other instructors about it and none of us know why it happens. It's SO much harder to steer quickly and precisely when you have to swing your arms around like that. It's the functional equivalent of trying to tap-dance wearing a snowboard.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm not too militant about hand position until they drive with one hand, or with both hands at the top of the wheel like that. Drives me crazy. And I get at least one student per season who does it. I've asked other instructors about it and none of us know why it happens. It's SO much harder to steer quickly and precisely when you have to swing your arms around like that. It's the functional equivalent of trying to tap-dance wearing a snowboard.
How bout the old reclined seat with perfectly straight arms? Also gold

Users who are viewing this thread