2000 Cobra R exhaust questioms

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
So, long story short, I walk out to my car earlier this week. I have a customized side exhaust with magnapacks and Roush tips. One of my tips is missing. The other tip I dinged pulling into my driveway (cut the curb too short), so I now need new tips. Decided to replace with the same, then said screw it. I love the R side exhaust, can't find anywhere. So I'm going to replicate it myself.

With that said, does anyone know the exhaust tip diameters? The diameter of the inside wall tip and the outside wall tip?

If any thoughts as to the size of tips I should use, that would look good? I've got a Roush body kit, so I want it to stick out a bit. I think it'll look good, double walled, dual side tips.

I'm thinking of using a 2.25" inner exhaust pipe diameter. Then using 2.75" exhaust diameter to go over that pipe so it has a 1/4" space around the inner pipe from outer pipe. Then I'd slash cut them. Any thoughts on this? Should I change exhaust tip sizes?

Also can anyone locate me to 2.25" inlet to 2.75" polished outlet exhaust tips? If anyone has specs or ideas I'm open lol. Thanks

CammyTheCobra

Established Member

I found that earlier this week. Problem is, I don't know the R's ground clearance, from ground to ground effects in the back at the exhaust tips. Those measurements give me an estimate of 8" from ground to ground effect but I cannot find the exact info anywhere on Google. Unless someone knows, then I will know if the exhaust is 2" or 2.5" on the outer pipe, then I would deduce from that the inner pipe is 2"; maybe even 1.75".

I don't want to accidently make them too large and have to remake the tips again.

CammyTheCobra

Established Member
I also heard the original exhaust diameter was flattened slightly to accommodate the ride height, which would distort those measurements, assuming that info is true about the exhaust tips being slightly pressed.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You might want to post in the Cobra R forum. I'm sure they can get you all the measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread