2000 Cobra R For Sale In N.J.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Hey guys, for anyone interested, my local Mercedes Benz dealership has a 2000 Mustang Cobra R on the lot for sale. I have no idea how a MB dealer ended up with this car, but it is used, so i guess anything is possible. I forgot how many miles it has on it, but i know it was under 1,000. Looked to be in perfect condition although they leave it outside and not in the garage or on showroom floor. I have nothing at all to do with this dealership, just posting for anyone looking for one of these cause i know they are limited and kind of hard to find. The name of the dealership is Globe Mercedes, the same dealership that Tony Soprano visits in the show The Sopranos. They are asking 47k for the car. Mike

95rcobra

Hey Mike,
I work about 5 minutes away from Globe over in Fairfield and it is in on the lot of the Mercedes dealer because the car is owned by the son of the Dealers owner. I have been by there to look at the car and it is in great shape with less than 1000 miles like you said. I just wish they would not leave it outside all the time but it would look a little strange in the showroom of the Mercedes dealership. they were asking $49,999 recently but reduced it to $47k but it still will not sell. I see it advertised in the Record often. right now with the way the Buyers market is and the pressure put on the 2000 R by the 03 Cobra, they will not move that R until they come down in price to the low 40's or less. I would like to add a 2000 R to my garage in the near future and if they keep that price in the upper 40's it should be there for a while. thanks. Later, Steve.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Hey Steve, Yea you are right, 47k is still too much money for that car. I bet those little bit of miles that are on it were all beat on miles too. Its a really nice looking car and im sure it is pretty darn fast, but i cant see spending all that money and not getting A.C., a backseat, foglights, and some other stuff that it doesnt have. I wonder what car number that particular one is? Mike :)

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by Mike 97 SS
Hey Steve, Yea you are right, 47k is still too much money for that car. I bet those little bit of miles that are on it were all beat on miles too. Its a really nice looking car and im sure it is pretty darn fast, but i cant see spending all that money and not getting A.C., a backseat, foglights, and some other stuff that it doesnt have. I wonder what car number that particular one is? Mike :)

True, but a buyer for this vehicle is a special person searching for a special car. When there were only 300 made, you can tend to overlook some of these creature comforts. Besides, if i wanted a/c or radio, I would have waited for the '03. These things can be added if one is intent on doing it.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Yea i understand your point too AV8R. It is a special car, but a car like that, you cant use it everyday and you would definitely need to own a 2nd car IMO. If someone can afford to own it and keep it in the garage and have a 2nd car to use everyday for work or going shopping, thats great. I really like the car, not knocking it one bit, just seems overpriced for what you get, but i guess the price is high also cause of the low number of them babies made. Mike :thumbsup:

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by Mike 97 SS
Yea i understand your point too AV8R. It is a special car, but a car like that, you cant use it everyday and you would definitely need to own a 2nd car IMO. If someone can afford to own it and keep it in the garage and have a 2nd car to use everyday for work or going shopping, thats great. I really like the car, not knocking it one bit, just seems overpriced for what you get, but i guess the price is high also cause of the low number of them babies made. Mike :thumbsup:

I understand Mike. It is true that you don't wanna run this car around everday, but there are a few of us that drive it very regularly and some even run it to the grocery store or to school. I guess that is better than shrink rapping it in a dehumidified garage with only 20mi on it and dreaming of driving it.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Yup, you are right. When i first bought my 97 Camaro SS, i didnt use it much at all. Id go out and take my truck with me, then all my friends would ask me where is your car? I was like, its home, they couldnt believe i didnt bring it out half the time. But then after a while i was like, what the hell did i pay 28k for if im not going to use it, now it goes everywhere! It doesnt go out in the snow, or rain too much cause i have the truck to use, but i use it a good amount. It has accumalated over 35k miles. Leaving a car just sitting around in the garage is not good for it anyway, dries everything out. Non-use is the worst thing, use it, keep everything working and lubricated. Mike

95rcobra

Hey Guys,
I am thinking similar to what AV8R said in that certain people (like me) are looking for these factory prepared race mustangs and do not care much about the creature comforts of the production stang. after owning a 1986 Comp Delete Mustang SVO, 1993 Cobra R and 1995 Cobra R I do prefer the Race prepped Stangs over Stock. I will be adding a 2000 R to my stable in the near future but right now I see some great buys on these cars for someone who is looking. this wont last forever. once these cars are bought up and the owners hold on to them it will drive the prices up again. Hopefully this will not happen until I get my hands on one of these R's. Later, Steve.

kevin

Originally posted by AV8R
I understand Mike. It is true that you don't wanna run this car around everday, but there are a few of us that drive it very regularly and some even run it to the grocery store or to school. I guess that is better than shrink rapping it in a dehumidified garage with only 20mi on it and dreaming of driving it.

and then some of us just plain drive it hard on a track. sorry for my late post in here. 4 00r's were at mam this weekend having more fun than anyone should have in a moving car:beer:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
and then some of us just plain drive it hard on a track. sorry for my late post in here. 4 00r's were at mam this weekend having more fun than anyone should have in a moving car:beer:
yes we were :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
only problem: it was over faster than it took to get there :shrug:

Andy M

Established Member
Yep, as Kevin said, we had a ton of fun enjoying our cars this past weekend at MidAmerica in Iowa. These cars were put on this planet to be driven hard at the track, and this is precisely what we did last weekend!!

My R now has over 10K miles, with about 3000 or more done at the track.... and it just keeps getting better and better! I am hopelessly addicted now! :rollseyes ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread