2000 COBRA R long tube headers RWHP / RWTQ

theboss281

Established Member
Hello Happy 2016 ! ,
I want to see if anyone in this forum who owns a 2000 COBRA R installed long tube headers and which has long the increase in power ?

Thanks .

svtguy

Established Member
I am currently installing 1 3/4 inch Kooks long tube headers with 3 inch X pipe and Magnaflow muffler. Once completed, I'll post my before and after dyno results.

Paul.

theboss281

Established Member
I am currently installing 1 3/4 inch Kooks long tube headers with 3 inch X pipe and Magnaflow muffler. Once completed, I'll post my before and after dyno results.

Paul.

Thank you Paul ,
you have the part number of your Kooks headers or they are custom made for you ?

Thanks again .

svtguy

Established Member
Kooks Long Tube Headers part #11222200 with custom fit adjustments. These are for the 4.6 DOHC. These are NOT a direct replacement for 5.4 DOHC. I've had to adjust the tubes to fit my car. My car has Maximum Motorsports K member, but these are still a tight fit. I've had to install/remove multiple times to make adjustments. The car is on a hoist and the headers are being installed from underneath with the K member removed.

theboss281

Established Member
Kooks Long Tube Headers part #11222200 with custom fit adjustments. These are for the 4.6 DOHC. These are NOT a direct replacement for 5.4 DOHC. I've had to adjust the tubes to fit my car. My car has Maximum Motorsports K member, but these are still a tight fit. I've had to install/remove multiple times to make adjustments. The car is on a hoist and the headers are being installed from underneath with the K member removed.

Great news , do you have pics ?

svtguy

Established Member
Still a weekend work in progress. I will update this thread with pics once the install is complete.

theboss281

Established Member
Still a weekend work in progress. I will update this thread with pics once the install is complete.

Great,
I have the Kooks headers with the same part number as yours , but I'm waiting for my Steeda K member to continue the installation work of the 2000 COBRA R prototype engine in my 1997 COBRA .

You have your engine , stock ?

Thanks

svtguy

Established Member
I did a baseline dyno with the stock exhaust manifolds and 2.5 inch bassani catless x-pipe and bassani cat back exhaust. I then installed 1 3/4" Kooks long tube headers with a 3 inch dual inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler with side exit tail pipes.

When back to the Dyno on Monday. Dnyo showed a peak of 5rwhp and 5rwtq increase. No tune changes were made and I data logged AFR and spark on both dyno runs and they stayed the same.

I questioned the baseline dyno numbers as it showed almost 400rhwp. That's about 25rwhp more that I expected to see.

Unfortunately at this point I think these dyno numbers are inaccurate.

My reason for installing headers is that I am going to install some custom camshafts and it was recommend that I install 1 3/4" headers to maximize the gains.

Users who are viewing this thread