2000 gt mustang suspension help

chappys4life

Established Member
I just purchased a 2000 gt manual it's mostly stock but does have 95 cobra replicas with 275/40/17 on all 4 corners that are half life left. Right now im doing maintance stuff but I was looking at upgrading the suspension it is my dd but I would like something for maybe light autocross duty with a good stance. Looking for suggestions looking in the 1000 range as I don't want a crap setup.

Any ideas on a good setup. Something decent ride not too harsh, good stance, and maybe occasional autocross sessions? I do plan to to cobra 03 wheels or sve drifts later but figure I will use my rims now.

I have been eyeballing the mm starter box (not sure mm spring or h&r race) or mm coilovers.

Any thoughts/input.

BLWNAWAY

BLWNAWAY
Established Member
I just lowered mine with 1.5 inch ebiach springs and upr plates....only thing i wish i had done different is ran 4 bolt caster camber plates....but just dropping it tht much helped the car in corners and not making it look like it was lifted

Broke

Established Member
If I re did mine I would go coil overs. I have H&R SS no isos. Not low enough for me, my focus now is on a winter HP build up.

SikO2

Established Member
I would go coil-overs.

I have an 02 GT and this is going to be my setup. (same as my last GT that handled like a boss and launched like one too) Pretty cheap and effective setup.

-Lowering springs
-Adjustable Shocks/Struts
-C/C Plates
-Weld-In Subframe Connectors
-Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
I just did the 4 bolt caster cambers. eibach race springs and koni(sp) shocks and struts. Lowered it nicely, the ride on the other hand is pretty rough. It does have a very nice stance though. Lowered almost 2 up front and 2 1/4 out back.

spike_africa

Established Member
That's the bad part of lowering. The ride will get worse. Adjustable shocks/struts can help. But you are mostly going to have a harsh ride. I do a lot of highway driving so for me that is terrible.

laserred2v

Established Member
I wouldn't go coilovers if you want a comfortable dd. I went h&r ss springs and tohiko(spelling is wrong) blues on all for corners and it was a near stock comfort. Also grab some maximum Motorsport cc plates and you'll have a decently better then stock suspension that sits decent. Also get some good tires, if you got shit tires your suspension mods won't be doing there full potential. And if you truly want to autocross think about getting some SS brake lines some upgraded, pads, rotors and some better brake fluid which you should flush more regularly

mcstang88

1LowGT
Established Member
Go eibach sportlines with bilstein shocks and stuts.

i have those along with upper and lower rear control arms, subframe connectors, rear shock brace, and a strut tower brace and the thing handles AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread