2000 L?

TechNine

Muscle Mafia
Established Member
Well ive been looking a lot at 01+ trucks, but Ive found a very low mile 2000 for a very good price. I know all the differences but my question is after driving many 01+'s would I be disappointed with this 2000?

Thanks, Jake

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Is it stock? I'm guessing it is. You really shouldn't be that dissapointed. I've seen stock 99-00 run the same times at the track as the 01+ guys. Besides, once you start modding it, it doesn't really matter anymore.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
ive driven numerous trucks from different years. i couldnt really tell much difference. if youre gonna mod it anyway, who cares what year it is? id go with the lowest miles for the best price IMO. you'll like whatever year you get, these things can be a blast.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
JERK! said:
Just make sure the intercooler recall has been done....
+1
Other then that, buy the best deal. A few WHP diff stock, not enough to really matter much on the street, but once you start to Mod, it's a whole new world. Don't mater what you start with.

I look at my 2000 L as the Millennium Truck, ha ha ha. :burnout:

S

SVTLightning935

its a 20 hp diff. between the 99-00 and the 01+... a simple pulley change will have you up and above a stock 01+ lightning.

hotroder

Established Member
My 00 has been "Upgraded" somewhat by putting 373 gears in it, Borla Catback Exhaust system, Volant Air Intake, 2002 Headlights/Tail Lights, and NKG TR-6 Spark Plugs. It runs very strong and I have only had to replace two Coil Packs in it (so far). If you can get it at a fair price you can do alot of upgrades, if you choose too.

svtsilverback

Established Member
i always planned on modding my L so i got a 00 with low miles and at a great price. could not tell a diff. between the 3.55 gears and the 3.73 gears. i think the 01-04 trucks look better with their grilles and wheels. i switched to a hd grille and 04 rims so i fixed that lol. +1 on the intercooler recall. i had to have mine replaced less than a year after buying mine. ford did cover it though.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
SVTLightning935 said:
its a 20 hp diff. between the 99-00 and the 01+... a simple pulley change will have you up and above a stock 01+ lightning.

A lot of that is from the tune. The tune from the factory changed in 01, which is why I said once you start modding it doesn't really matter. Once you have someone tune the truck that "advantage" goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread