2000 R common mods

robiferretti

Established Member
What common mods are out there to the 2000 R that don't require the engine to come apart.

Exhaust? tune? intake?

I am currently purchasing one and would like a reliable 400 / 400. I have other crazy cars so I have no desire to make this FI nor am I interested in head work or anything beyond 93 octane gas.

flattrack53

Established Member
To get 400/400. You have to buy a bassani x-pipe and catback which are discontinued. JBA Then you have to buy a 90mm maf and then get an sct tuner and have it tuned.

JBA also makes a catback for the 00r and kooks makes an x-pipe but it says it requires there long tubes. I have called kooks multiple times but have yet to recieve a phone call back.

robiferretti

Established Member
Kooks is actually 30 minutes from me, they have made custom exhausts for me in the past. How is the reliability when you start playing with the tune. I have a 4000 mile road trip through varying elevations I have to be conscious of.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
What common mods are out there to the 2000 R that don't require the engine to come apart.

Exhaust? tune? intake?

I am currently purchasing one and would like a reliable 400 / 400. I have other crazy cars so I have no desire to make this FI nor am I interested in head work or anything beyond 93 octane gas.

I know who's R your are buying, and can tell you first hand it's a GREAT car.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread