2000 R Intake Manifold

BRIMSTONE

Hey guys,

I have some pictures of the lower part of the 2000 R Intake Manifold if anyone is interested.

You will see around the seals that some of the metal has chipped off or there is some sort of corrosion happening. My body shop guy says he thinks it was filed down to much from the factory and this caused the thin parts to chip off. If this is true you guys may want to check this out on your cars as well, since this could cause a dangerously lean air/fuel ratio.

I would love to get your opinions on what happened/is happening. I will create a topic in the private forum for those interested to leave me their email addresses.

Thanks,
Mike

TcM-668

I would be interested in more details and pictures...

I have not had the top off mine, so I don't even know what it looks like...

FWIW...I left a few msgs on SVTOA site and it too about a week for anyone to notice...not much traffic there at all...

Kinda makes you wonder...

Don...

BRIMSTONE

Originally posted by TcM-668
I would be interested in more details and pictures...

I have not had the top off mine, so I don't even know what it looks like...

FWIW...I left a few msgs on SVTOA site and it too about a week for anyone to notice...not much traffic there at all...

Kinda makes you wonder...

Don...

Just in case you misunderstood I am talking about the private forum on this site....

Mike

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
yes I'm interested....I'd think most of the R guys will be....let me know more about the private forum: [email protected]

Re: SVTOA boards....very dead there....I havent checked there in a few months because it wasnt very active and it was always so slow to load with a regular dialup connection....

TcM-668

OK...saw the msg thread a while back about a private forum, but did not know it existed.

will do just that.

thanks...

don...

Cobra-R

Established Member
Ken,
You should be able to get into the private forum already, even though you pick on V10 trucks. :p :p

Don,
You should be able to get in within a day or so.

Guys, just so you know, the private forum is for owners only. To get in you MUST commit to comming to the Road America R meet in sept. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Brian

TcM-668

OK...but if I get blackmailed into coming, I am going to bring my '89 Isuzu to run on the track, and I'll block everybody on the track...

Oh, yeah, the top speed on it is 99 mph, downhill, long straight road, on a 32 degree day...but it ran competetively in autocross stock H class...

hehehehe

Don...

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Ken,
You should be able to get into the private forum already, even though you pick on V10 trucks. :p :p
To get in you MUST commit to comming to the Road America R meet in sept. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Brian

I dont pick on em, they're cool....The Diesel is just better....thats all....:p :p :p :p :p

If I can get time off in sept, I'll be at RA :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
OK...but if I get blackmailed into coming, I am going to bring my '89 Isuzu to run on the track, and I'll block everybody on the track...

Oh, yeah, the top speed on it is 99 mph, downhill, long straight road, on a 32 degree day...but it ran competetively in autocross stock H class...

hehehehe

Don...

Well you should be at least be able to keep up with the moderator. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

TcM-668

I wish I could get into that forum...

I guess I'll have to go buy one of those Cobras so I can be like the Jones'

hehehehehe

Don...

Cobra-R

Established Member
I wish I could get into that forum...

I guess I'll have to go buy one of those Cobras so I can be like the Jones'

hehehehehe

Don...

You still can't get in, or are you kidding?

TcM-668

No I can't see it...

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place ???

I thought it was listed off the main forum menu.

Anyways...thanks for looking into this for me...

Don...

Users who are viewing this thread