2000 R Motot for sale

Andy M

Established Member
How do we/you know it is the real deal?? why the hell would someone be selling a real R motor?? unless of course the rest of the car was trashed in a wreck? what are the details on this?? there should be a way to verify its authenticity?.. serial number match with the supposed car it came out of ... a call to SVT should do the trick.

cobrarj

Established Member
R motor

Andy just checked ebay and the engine is no longer for sale did you go to the item search it stated that the motor came out of a car that had been hit in the rear I emailed the seller to ask him if he was parting out the rest of the car and his reply was that the car had been sold. John check out the item number Andy . by the way how is everything since the storm hope OK Later John

Andy M

Established Member
Re: R motor

Originally posted by cobrarj
Andy just checked ebay and the engine is no longer for sale did you go to the item search it stated that the motor came out of a car that had been hit in the rear I emailed the seller to ask him if he was parting out the rest of the car and his reply was that the car had been sold. John check out the item number Andy . by the way how is everything since the storm hope OK Later John
John,

I had not gone and checked the ebay item... bummer that the car was apparently totalled?!!

We are all ok here... the storm missed Houston pretty much.. we just got some rain (although not much at my place) ...

how is the car search going??

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
The engine was probably a scam. I posted it in the R's for sale thread and our fearless leader, Brian promptly and accurately picked it apart.:thumbsup:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
The engine was probably a scam. I posted it in the R's for sale thread and our fearless leader, Brian promptly and accurately picked it apart.:thumbsup:

OR else Brian pretended to pick it apart and actually picked it up for himself!

Speedthing

It about CHANGING LANES
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
:read:

Since the engine was listed as being here in Phoenix, I e-mailed the seller two days ago to try and see it. I was told that it was already sold even though the listing was still on ebay. I asked the seller why the interior photos were not from a Cobra R but he did'nt respond to that. I would have liked to atleast seen the motor. Seems a little strange that a Cobra R would be totalled from a rear hit....but who knows. If this was the real deal, it would have been nice to have a spare motor. :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Speedthing
--------------
2000R #164
'96 Cobra conv. spchg

Users who are viewing this thread