2000 Steeda Mustang GT #0048 rescued. 34k original miles

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah I'd run the Steedas if I didn't have to worry about side exhaust although I very VERY well might just dump it as the Bassanni catback on this car literally looks like it was installed last week. 304 stainless will do that...

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Cleaned out the garage (again, shit keeps accumulating) today and pulled the crash bar. Tomorrow is going to hopefully see the intake and the supercharger out and being very close to the point of getting ready to hook up the load leveler and yank this mofo.

Also, the crash bar is something that might not go back on but not sure how I feel about it not being there.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah I know. I'll probably just put the stocker back on, this is a street car after all. If I start tracking it and need to start dumping weight or need a thicker intercooler its not like its hard to pull the front bumper and swap it.

And I'm still debating on those damn wheels... I still need to get quotes on how much it would be to fix the originals. My biggest problem with the Chrome wheels is the cost, I can't run 315s out back and I know I'm going to nick one like a week after I put them on and I'll want to jump off a bridge. The AM ones are so cheap if you booger one too bad you just buy a new one lol.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
+1 on the Steeda full lengths. Very well built subframe connectors that have the torque box plates. I noticed a huge difference after welding them in.
And nice buy. Mine is just a Plain Jane GT Premium. But it gets treated like it's gold. In garage since new. No winters. Only seen rain a handful of times.
Some people get these nice cars and treat them like crap. Just can't bring myself to do that. Treat it nice it will stay nice. Not rocket science.

Keep us posted on progress. This be a bitchin ass ride when finished.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
+1 on the Steeda full lengths. Very well built subframe connectors that have the torque box plates. I noticed a huge difference after welding them in.
And nice buy. Mine is just a Plain Jane GT Premium. But it gets treated like it's gold. In garage since new. No winters. Only seen rain a handful of times.
Some people get these nice cars and treat them like crap. Just can't bring myself to do that. Treat it nice it will stay nice. Not rocket science.

Keep us posted on progress. This be a bitchin ass ride when finished.

I'm of the mindset that these things are meant to be driven... but also not taken out in like... snow and horribad weather and whatnot. If it might rain, whatever, rain is not going to kill it and it'll get washed regularly when it is being driven and will be put away for the winter with the first snow or when the temps get cold enough where the summer tire compound starts to become an issue.

And my only reservation for the Steeda subframes is if I ever want to run a side exhaust, that will be a problem. I'm not sure if I will do an IRS or a 5 link SRA but if I keep the SRA I'm either going to have to dump the exhaust or run side exhaust.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Even though my S351 is a rarity and spends most of its life in a garage. Doesnt get driven on rainy days, but not to say I havent been caught out in it before just cruising. I do not hesitate to drive it when I get the itch. These cars are made to be driven, as their is nothing wrong with opening them up a bit to stretch them legs. Just taking care of something goes a long way IMO.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah I hear you on that, S351 is one of my top 3 favorite Mustangs of all time as well. Its the ultimate New Edge and its not even close that its the best Saleen ever made. Terminator has nothing on the S351.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Also... I've got a dilemma here. I may have mentioned it before. The PI intake on the Vic motor I got has the beginnings of warping under the tstat housing where they all get it eventually. The intake in the car now is a 2000 so it has to go. A new PI intake with a TFS Plenum is $400. The MHS prepped Eddy that comes with rails and the 6061 already on it is $800. Not sure if MHS would do a military discount or anything but maybe. I know I would not benefit much if at all now... but if I am going to buy a new intake for this car, I don't want to buy one twice but I dunno. I know ppl run the PI intake on pretty big power cars. Any suggestions?

Stanger00

Established Member
I run a PI on mine. I mentioned on Corral that it's my 2nd since I built the motor in 2012. The first was an old aluminum crossover that sprung a leak. The last one cracked #4 runner. I still bought another PI. Mostly due to tight wallet. It's been holding up fine though for the last 2 years.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 10-15k mileage pi intake(alum crossover), cl upper plenum and 75mm bbk throttle body I just took off mine for new motor, went with the victor jr intake and plenum and fox body 90mm. I would consider selling them

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Update...

So was going to just do a stock replacement, then was going to put in a B headed 4V because I have a metric assload of 96-98 Cobra parts from local CL ads and U-pulls (for Teksids and forged cranks). Have started finding a ton of 99-02 Continentals/parts locally for dirt effing cheap so C heads it is. Getting 2 low mileage 99 Conti heads and cams for $100 for both and have a Mach intake lined up as soon as I sell my other Cobra intake. Also found someone to trade my 2V Novi brackets for his 4V brackets so good to go there as well.

New(er) combo I'm looking at is:

-One of my aluminum blocks
-Stock Kellog Cobra crank
-Forged rods and pistons (9.5:1)
-96-98 Cobra cams with intake advanced 4 degrees
-99/01 style C heads
-Mach intake
-Novi 2000
-60lb injectors
-Supercar pumps/BAP
-CX Racing intercooler kit with upgraded 4" intercooler

Stock 34k mile T45 and a Mach400 clutch rated for 500ft lbs to act as a "fuse" for the 10 spline input shaft. Shooting for something like 550/500 to the wheels.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Look what I traded straight up for today...

1466379873386_zpsewudf3t4.jpg

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Long wheel studs were added by the previous owner to run spacers. Which I am also doing. 1 less thing now.

Also came with a prothane kit to do all the rest of the bushings.

I also gave a bassanni exhaust for a 3" MAC irs exhaust which is where he made out better but it's still very good on my end. I'm trading it tomorrow straight up for a 2.5" Flowmaster 40 series IRS exhaust.

Trading my way to where I want to be. All on FB groups. Those groups are the way to go for car parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread