2000R tie-rod end covers availability?

SDW Racing

Established Member
Does anyone have the part number for the 2000R high-temp rubber tie-rod end covers???

Also, are they still available from Ford?

Any help is appreciated.

John

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I believe the 03 04 Cobras have the high temp ends also. They of course, are easily acquired.

I can't remember if just the boots are available,:shrug:... I don't think so though.

SDW Racing

Established Member
John,
I have a brand new 2000 R HD tie rod end if you need one. PM me if your interested.

Steve,

I actually need a pair of the hi temp boots, the ones on the 95R are melted. Shane has been sharing some great tips with me on some of the upgrades he has done.

I may still want it, but I need to get a pair. I did not see them listed in the 2008 FRPP catalog.

Do you have the part number?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Steve,

I actually need a pair of the hi temp boots, the ones on the 95R are melted. Shane has been sharing some great tips with me on some of the upgrades he has done.

I may still want it, but I need to get a pair. I did not see them listed in the 2008 FRPP catalog.

Do you have the part number?

John,

Don't waste your money replacing the fronts. Just buy a kit to adjust your bump steer. You can go to heim joints and some of the kits (Steeda and maybe Maximum) don't even require you drill the spindle out. Just swap in the new set.

Tom

SDW Racing

Established Member
John,

Don't waste your money replacing the fronts. Just buy a kit to adjust your bump steer. You can go to heim joints and some of the kits (Steeda and maybe Maximum) don't even require you drill the spindle out. Just swap in the new set.

Tom

Tom,

Good point, I will look into it! I may just leave it until after I get back from SCMC at VIR. The clock is ticking!:rockon:

steve121

Established Member
John,
I have part Ford Racing #M-3130-R00. Tom is correct if you need to replace both ends, MM or Steeda is probably the way to go. If you're still interested in buying the tie rod I have let me know.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread