2001 Built Lightning- 15,000

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Price Reduced- $13,000

I have for sale my 2001 Ford Lightning. This has been my baby for the past 5 years but it is time to part ways with her. The truck has 105k miles on it. I am the second owner and I bought it in 2007 with 66k miles on the clock. Most of the miles are from highway driving.

Motor:
Bored .20 over
Manley Pistons
Manley Rods
ARP Studs and hardware
Polished crank
Heads are port and polished
Comp Stage 3 Cams
It was dyno tuned at 463 hp and 510lbs of torque
~ 5,000 miles since rebuild

Blower:
Ported Eaton pushing around 11psi with 12lb lower pulley

Tranny:
Valve body

Exhaust:
Magna flow catback
Dynatech Long Tube headers with cats

Fuel/tune:
Diablo Preditor with custom tune
60lb injectors

Appearance:
Custom Pearl yellow paint job. Motor bay and door jams are painted as well
Powder coated Stock 2001 rims
After market black grills
Black tail lights and head lights

It was dyno tuned at 463 hp and 510lbs of torque

The last few pictures are some flaws to the truck. The bottom of my front lip was scraped from pulling into a parking spot..... I back in everywhere now just to be safe. The seats have some wear on them, they are the origional seats. The center consol has a worn spot from where my elbow sits. As you can tell from the pics I put in after market black carpet. The steering wheel plastic for the cruise control is gone on the left side and starting to fall apart on the right.

Call 954-649-7043 during the weekends/nights and Text me Mon-Fri 9-6 for any questions that you want answered.

imag0040xx.jpg

imag0041c.jpg

imag0042l.jpg

imag0043k.jpg

img950107.jpg

img950108.jpg

img950110.jpg

img950113.jpg

img950114.jpg

img950116.jpg

img950121.jpg

dsc0166ht.jpg

dsc0164xh.jpg

dsc0163xz.jpg

dsc0162e.jpg

dsc0161lz.jpg

dsc0160he.jpg

dsc0159hlt.jpg

dsc0158le.jpg

dsc0157qo.jpg

dsc0156rm.jpg

dsc0155tl.jpg

dsc0153gp.jpg

dsc0152fh.jpg

dsc0148gz.jpg

dsc0144qf.jpg

dsc0143m.jpg

dsc0145ad.jpg

dsc0146ey.jpg

dsc0147ku.jpg

dsc0135nl.jpg

dsc0134vz.jpg

dsc0136rd.jpg

dsc0137cq.jpg

dsc0140ei.jpg

dsc0133jlb.jpg

dsc0138n.jpg

dsc0142qk.jpg

dsc0141gp.jpg

Last edited:

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Nice truck, any vids?

No videos of it, I only have a cell phone camera and that won't do it justice. The truck sounds mean.

Any accidents? Why was it painted?

I painted it because I had the opportunity to do it for little cost. A family friend owns a body shop and does great paint jobs. The motor was out at the time so the motor bay is painted as well. His name is Alan Goldstein and has a show on PBS called "Musclecar Workout"

I have been meaning to wash it and take some better pics, hopefully by the end of the weekend I have better pics up

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Where is the truck located in Florida? I have a friend who would be very interested. Do you have the title or is there a lien. Are the Lightning logos put back on it yet?

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Sent PM. I have the title in hand. The logo's have yet to be put back on. I keep calling the guy who painted it but he keeps putting it on the back burner... I will get them from him soon

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Wow, great shade of yellow! You should slap some new cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, it would make the interior look much better. They aren't that expensive through Tousley Ford and are extremely easy to replace, I had to do the same to my '99.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sent PM. I have the title in hand. The logo's have yet to be put back on. I keep calling the guy who painted it but he keeps putting it on the back burner... I will get them from him soon

Where in Florida is the truck, as my buddy is quite interested.

Do you have any touch up paint or a paint code?

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I do not have any touch up paint but I will be able to get the paint code. I am located in Davie/Southwest Ranches/Fort Lauderdale area.

RedLiner

Established Member
Wow! This would be a sick tow vehicle for my Screaming Yellow Mach 1. I'm looking to sell my BMW S1000RR which I bought new for $18k and I'm looking to get $15k for it.. Any chance you would be interested in a trade?

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Wow! This would be a sick tow vehicle for my Screaming Yellow Mach 1. I'm looking to sell my BMW S1000RR which I bought new for $18k and I'm looking to get $15k for it.. Any chance you would be interested in a trade?

Your right, that would be a pretty cool set up! Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested in bikes. I'm looking for an outright sale, I would only trade if someone wanted to trade their 06+ F150.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
"It was dyno tuned at 463 hp and 510lbs of torque

Blower:
Ported Eaton pushing around 11psi with 12lb lower pulley"

I hope that is a typo, most guys make 400/500 with a 6lb lower and a few bolt ons. Might want to clear that stuff up

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Does this have a clean or salvage title?

The title is clean.

"It was dyno tuned at 463 hp and 510lbs of torque

Blower:
Ported Eaton pushing around 11psi with 12lb lower pulley"

I hope that is a typo, most guys make 400/500 with a 6lb lower and a few bolt ons. Might want to clear that stuff up

Good catch. 12lb lower pulley lol... it is a 4lb lower

I have stopped putting forth effort in selling the truck until I figure out this dispute with the shop that put the tune on my truck. I have been calling them for weeks now letting them know that the check engine light has came on after they tuned my truck. They kept brushing it off like it is no problem. At first it didn't effect the performance but it slowly started to spit/sputter. After countless attempts of trying to get them to fix their tune I keep getting the same response, we don't have room right now. I may have to bite the bullet and buy an SCT tuner and get it tuned else where. I have not gone past 1/3 throttle since the check engine light has came on

Once I get everything settled and the truck running right I am going to put up videos of it at idle and while driving (Thanks to my new HD Video recording on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus:rockon:). I don't want to try to sell a vehicle that isn't running to its full potential.

I will update the thread once the check engine light issue is fixed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread