2001 Cobra acting up

01_Svt venom

Established Member
My car started to have a problem that i have no clue where to start with it. Driving along normal its fine as long as i maintain a constant speed. As soon as i give it a little gas to pick up speed it stutters. It doesn't always do this just every once in a while. I was thinking maybe my fuel pump is getting weak but when i tested it at the rail it read around 40psi at idle which I don't know if that is right or not. Anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be? Car just has bolt ons and gears nothing major.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Check your spark plugs. My car did something similar so I had it tuned and it quit.

01_Svt venom

Established Member
yea thats where i figured i would start. not getting a check engine light so is there a way to know which coil it is? Also it started to backfire at idle every once in a while so im not going to drive it until i figure out what the problem is.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You could pull all the coil packs and inspect the boots. One of them might be cracked and shorting to the valve cover.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Buy a tester...Connect one end to the COP and the other end to the plug. Should see a light or current depending on which tester you get.

Inspect your plugs as well

Users who are viewing this thread