2001 Cobra IAC Question

honcho_44

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about the IAC and my cobra. I was driving and went to pass someone, gave it maybe 50% throttle and the next time I pushed the clutch in my idle immediately jumped to about 2000rpms and has been staying roughly at that. First thing I checked was the IAC and it is broken CLEAN in half. No idea how. So:

Any idea what could have caused that? Could the supercharger affect it in any way?

Should I replace it with a direct replacement for the 2001 or should I go for a 2003-2004 since they came supercharged? I'm not sure if that even makes a difference....

Thanks for any advice you can give!

01yellercobra

Established Member
No idea what could have caused the break. I replaced mine with the one from the 03/04's. Supposedly it's better for boost. But I'm not sure how since it doesn't see boost in a stock set up.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I used the 03/04 IAC on my car. I did an eaton swap. I did have to cut the loom that my IAC harness was in to make it reach the 03 IAC. The plug is turned a different way than the 01 and it also mounts in a different spot. It bolts right onto the car and plugs in just fine. You just need to make sure the IAC harness reaches the plug on the IAC.

Users who are viewing this thread