2001 Cobra in need of a new bumper, options, help please!

1997stang

Established Member
Hey guys, just like the title says I am in need of a new front bumper for my 2001 cobra. After installing my new clutch I had some problems with it so I had to tow it to powerhouse performance, turned out to be a small part in the tranny that was broke. Long story short we had a little mishap and ruined the front bumper :bash:

I have been looking around for a 2001 front bumper for a week or so and to my understanding they are pretty hard to come by and the ones that you can buy are around $700 and I don't have that kind of money for one. My friend and I are going to sand one ourselves and paint it if I can find one.

If I am not able to find one for a reasonably cheap price I was thinking about buying a terminator front bumper off ebay that comes with the fog lights, etc. I know some of you will be completely against this idea but when it comes down to price will that be my best option? Also, would everything bolt up right and fit? From what I heard so far it is a pretty easy swap. Let me know your opinions on this!

Thanks, Mike

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I've never done the swap but, IIRC, you need to move/lean the two posts (top parts) of an '03/'04 bumper back a little so it won't rub and the hood will close. If you put an '03/'04 hood on a '99/'01 bumper there are gaps between the posts and hood.

1997stang

Established Member
Thanks for all the input everyone. Got some good news, my friend who owns a body shop was able to get me a brand new 2001 cobra bumper from ford for what he gets it for, $350 :rockon: Couldn't pass up a deal like this, looks like I'll be keeping the stock look!

Kirk01

Established Member
Thanks for all the input everyone. Got some good news, my friend who owns a body shop was able to get me a brand new 2001 cobra bumper from ford for what he gets it for, $350 :rockon: Couldn't pass up a deal like this, looks like I'll be keeping the stock look!

Wow that great to hear. That price is incredible.

2001cobravert

Established Member

Interesting...thought Ford wasn't making them anymore.:shrug:
Anyhow, that's great news and a great price!

snakebite72

Established Member
You got very lucky my friend cuz Ford dont make those no more... when i had my 01 Cobra it took me about a month to locate one and that was about 2 yrs ago..

Users who are viewing this thread