2001 Cobra Questions

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Hey guys... anyone know what the differences are between a 2001 Mustang Cobra without Cali emissions, and with? Do they all come this way? I just picked up an '01 and the window sticker says California Emissions.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Taz

Established Member
Dave,

Matt's right. SVT says no difference in performance. This statement was on their FAQ's page until recently:

High Altitude Principal Use or California Emissions Option:
There is no performance difference for SVT vehicles equipped with either option.

T-

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Weight Penalty???

Why? What is different? Don't all Cobra's have 4 cat's?

What else do I have different? I would like to change back if necessary! So please help... I am looking to campaign the car in F-Stock for 2002... and need it as light, and as quick as 'stock' possibly can be.

Thanks!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Dave Schotz
Weight Penalty???

Why? What is different? Don't all Cobra's have 4 cat's?

What else do I have different? I would like to change back if necessary! So please help... I am looking to campaign the car in F-Stock for 2002... and need it as light, and as quick as 'stock' possibly can be.

Thanks!

Sorry, not meant to alarm you. I say weight penalty, it's because usually when they add something to a vehicle (i.e. california emmisions) you usually add some weight. could be a couple ounces, could be 10 pounds. i have no clue. sorry i scared you.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Thanks Hamilton! You did! :eek:

I called SVT... he told me there is absolutely no difference.... alll Cobra's are 50 state legal... just for California cars... they actually fill out the additional paper work. So the weight penalty would be the additional option stamp! :D

Thanks again!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread