2001 cobra vs 99-04 GT

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
I was on my way to school a couple nights ago when I noticed a new edge GT in the gas station to the right of me. I saw that he noticed me to as I was inching forward to make my right onto the 4 lane road. I go on my way not thinking much of it untill i hit the red light about a 1/4 mile down. I look in my mirror and I see him turn towards me and he ends up a few lanes over from me. I take off normal while he gives it a little punch, but due to traffic i dont respond right away and i just keep pace besides him, blipping the throttle to let him no I was interested. a few miles up the road it clears and we get to do some 40-45 rolls. cruising at about 45 I downshift to 2nd and he hits it right away, getting a slight jump and puts about 1/2 a car on me, then I put the pedal to the floor and instantly regain ground then let off due to traffic. finally it clears up and we get a better run in, from 45 I was in 2nd and we both nail it at the same time. I slowly begin to pull away, I let off with maybe 1/2-1 car lead around the middle of third at around 75mph.

I talked with him after and we both complemented each others cars, I told him he had a nice running GT. His mods were flowmaster mufflers, intake and some type of chip he had installed, I cant remember the brand or anything but I think it had something to do with rpm's or the governor. we ended up talking cars a bit more and then we shook hands and parted ways. Im pretty satisfied with the results, still have stock 3.27s in although a dyno tune and 4.10s are on the way! the rest of my mods are in my sig.

was nice to meet a cool guy with a good attitude and a nice running car:beer:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice kill. Sometimes the GT's surprise me.

01 Cobras FTW!

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Thanks. Yeah i was suprised at how good it ran too. I had a similar result with a 2010 gt before on the same road actually, i think he was bone stock though. I think once its tuned with the gears in, it should make a big difference

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Thanks. Yeah i was suprised at how good it ran too. I had a similar result with a 2010 gt before on the same road actually, i think he was bone stock though. I think once its tuned with the gears in, it should make a big difference

nice kill, and nice tail lights

pwrshft99

Established Member
My 99 GT with 4.10s, intake and exhaust would hammer my buddies 99 Cobra. He let me drive it a few times and it was just begging for a gear. Always wished I could have driven an 01 with the real 320hp.

Good kill

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
A buddy of mine (who is actually a poster on this site) put a few cars on an 01 Cobra in his very mild bolt on GT. I am amazed by the new edge GTs.

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
for sure man. Like i said this one kept up really well and i was very impressed! I know that every car is different as is every race, and i have alot of respect for mustangs in general. I just really think once i get the 4.10s in it will really wake my car up. Btw the guy said he ran 13.9 @ 99 mph in the quarter mile, im assuming thats pretty good for his mods(intake/flowmaster mufflers/chip)

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Some cars are strong runners. Mine used to be before I parked it and made it my project. It would pull lengths on a lot of cars it shouldnt have. After driving my SRT4 for the last year though, sadly, my mustang feels like a complete turd in any gear after 2nd.:kaboom:

niterydr

Established Member
for sure man. Like i said this one kept up really well and i was very impressed! I know that every car is different as is every race, and i have alot of respect for mustangs in general. I just really think once i get the 4.10s in it will really wake my car up. Btw the guy said he ran 13.9 @ 99 mph in the quarter mile, im assuming thats pretty good for his mods(intake/flowmaster mufflers/chip)

You will definitely love the 4.10's when you get them.

The 13.9 is about average for a new edge gt. I know when I had just lowering springs and a flowmaster catback my best was a 13.8@99.

Keith Stone

Banned
Some cars are strong runners. Mine used to be before I parked it and made it my project. It would pull lengths on a lot of cars it shouldnt have. After driving my SRT4 for the last year though, sadly, my mustang feels like a complete turd in any gear after 2nd.:kaboom:

LOL.....your little skittle is boosting 20psi. Just sayin'

.....20PSI

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
yeah ive heard 4.10s do wonders for mustangs, especially 4v's. Im also getting a dyno tune from alternative auto at the same time, so hopefully when its done it'll feel like a whole different car

mrbigjeep

Established Member
heck yeah 4.10's made a huge difference in my buddies 99 cobra

btw, he put like 3 cars on my gt when all i had was no mufflers and 4.10's...he had no mufflers and a jlt intake. still stock gears for him

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I had a GT with most typical bolt on's including 4.10's. It made 272 rwhp and 315 rwtq. Out the gate it was quick but just was crap on the top!!! Never put lenghts on anything that was impressive but held my own on cars I shouldn't had.

Last edited:

pwrshft99

Established Member
4.10s and drag radials were two of my first mods on my GT. It only ran mid 13s but could out 0-60 alot of faster cars.

Users who are viewing this thread