2001 gt and Dr. Frankenstein

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
So i have been building on a 2001 mustang gt for almost a year now and i thought i should start a thread of it. So let me catch you guys up to where i am so far. I started with a 200k 1998 lincoln mark VIII LSC motor got it complete with trans. Well i didn't want to deal with the irmc's and all plus i liked the 99-01 intake better so i opted for the "c" head swap from a 2001 lincoln continental. I heard the mach 1 lower intake was better and flowed pretty good but i didn't like how lame the top half looked so i got an intake with the parts mixed to how i wanted them. the cost was no different from either so if thats not true oh well lol.

Now I'm thinking to my self well I'm opening the motor up for heads so i guess its the perfect time to go ahead and forge it. So I'm on craigslist and a guy has a teskid block and crank out of a 98 cobra for 100 bucks. extra block and forged crank for 50.00 a piece I HAD TO GET IT!!!! next it was on to the rods and pistons. I got some manley rods from here that had 6 good rods with arp 2000 bolts and just bought 2 03-04 cobra rods off of eBay. Next i went with ModMax street forged -11 dished pistons .030 over (speed pro's) with stainless steel rings. ARP bolts almost everywhere and ford racing gaskets to hold it all together.

Then i was like what am I going to do about the blower? After long deliberation of an eaton swap or procharger i went with a procharger D-1SC complete kit with proflo surge valve, 50lb injectors, billet fuel rails, and 3 core intercooler. I felt that should tickle my fancy for a while seeing i have never been in a high power car. All this power i know the t-45 isn't going to hold long plus i want a little wiggle on future upgrades. So its either build the t-45 or replace with a t-56. Ironically the T-56 turned out to be the cheapest most efficient route as i only paid 900 for a full swap. :rockon:

Well now i ask what about the exhaust? well thankfully my extreme patience and eagerness to find deals led me to pacesetter ceramic coated headers. I know most will say kooks or bbk or something but after light negotiation with summit, they priced match a sale amazon had for 198.00 shipped (i don't trust amazon). Then on another one of my craigslist adventures i picked up a catted x-pipe for 80 bucks. they guy thought they were for stock headers (my original plan was to keep stock headers) but they were for bassani's and were too large in diameter. Luckily they will fit the headers with some cutting! My car already had Borla Stingers with 3 inch tips when i bought it. so i have a full exhaust for under 300.00. well thats all for now I'm going to hold off don't want to kill some of you guys eyes ill update a little more tomorrow when i go check on the motor at the shop. And ill post pics for some reason its giving me errors.

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Good call on picking up that Teksid. I'll buy it and the crank from you for $105.... ;-)

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
HAHA! crank is already in the motor my brotha!! and i still have enough parts to put together a stock b headed motor so i think i may do that you can buy it once I'm done lol :beer:

Geno-04

Established Member
Good finds for you! I can't wait that long for good deals to come my way lol.

Gtmaniac

DR. SVT
Established Member
image.jpgimage.jpg

Got the motor together today. The windage tray didn't fit right so I had the cut the baffles on the inside to make it fit but it did! A few more days and it will be ready to drop in.

Users who are viewing this thread