2001 Lightning - 10 second street truck

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
I love my Lightning, but unfortunately I've reached a point in my life where I need an extended cab more than I need a 10 second truck. It's got a built motor with a Kenne Bell on top. It makes 550 rwhp and 650 rwtq on pump gas. I haven't dyno'd it on the race gas tune, but it ran 10.93 @ 124 (with a 1.5 60'!), which puts it around 685 rwhp. It has 96k miles on the body and about 38k on the motor.

This truck was originally built by 2bscrewed here on the board. I've babied it since I bought it. I took it to the strip twice (both times on the pump tune), and I've actually been driving it without the blower belt since gas prices went up. It gets an extra 3-4 mpg naturally aspirated and still has enough torque to pull a 6x12 enclosed trailer. :thumbsup: It goes like hell, and it's very reliable.

Exterior

Completely repainted in 04 by Hall ford (had a bedside replaced due to trailer backing incident - truck was not wrecked)
Street scene's smooth steps
Clear side markers
Cosmetically, it looks about like you'd expect a daily driver to look. It has a couple of small scratches and rock chips, but no major flaws.

Suspension

2" drop shackles in rear
JLP long bar traction bars
QA1's all around

Interior

Column boost gauge
Alpine Head unit
2 JL 10" subs in custom box

Go fast stuff

Fully built Longblock by Fox Lake
KB Blowzilla SC (fresh rebuild last year)
Afco heat exchanger
Flex-a-lite twin electric fans
PSP Fast air kit with huge conical filter
Air force one intake tube
SCT ba2400 MAF
Accufab sbtb
JLP sheet metal intake plenum
RR Lower intake spacer
Ported turkey bowl intake
Special order ARP head studs
Seimens 60 lb injectors
3.5, 3.25, 3" KB pulleys
3.1, 2.8" Reichard racing KB pulley's
LFP 10# crank pulley
KB boost-a-spark
Dynatech Long tubes with hi flow cats
Borla stainless cat-back
Innovative wideband
Dante's 2600 stall converter
FTVB and 4x4 pan
Detroit true-trac differential
Twin 255 in tank pumps
4 way SCT chip
Ground rear brake calipers to fit 15" rims

Track wheels and tires

15"x10" Bogart rear wheels (12#'S EACH)
315 50 15 MT drag radials 30" tall

Other cool custom stuff

The intercooler reservoir is relocated to the bed. It has an extra chamber plumbed with copper tubing that you can pack with ice on race day.

Under the hood are manual switches to run the intercooler pump and electric fans without the motor running to cool off between runs.

Pics and Videos

Lightning_008.JPG

I put new rear tires on it last year and sent the old ones off in style:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyYkIGUVUYQ"]YouTube - SVT Lightning needs new tires[/ame]

No, I didn't get a ticket. :)

I'm asking $18k OBO, or I'll consider trades. I'm particularly looking for an extended cab truck, preferably not a 4x4. I might consider a motorcycle as a partial trade as well.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
I'd consider an SUV if the deal was right, but I'm afraid Nissan is the one manufacturer I could never consider. I vowed never to own a Nissan product, and my friends would laugh at me if I got one. :)

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
did the cop say anything

Something along the lines of "Who's dumb idea was this?" Technically he could've given me a reckless driving ticket, but I was on private property with the store manager's permission, so he just told us not to do it again. The store manager got written up when his boss saw the video, though. :p

CSHEETS

Lightning no more
Established Member
I can vouch for this truck I helped put the motor in and a bunch of other stuff. It is a very nice truck.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Let me think that over ... I hadn't even really considered another terminator. I actually traded my last one for this truck! :) I was looking to get another truck after this L, but a convertible Cobra does sound appealing.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Bump.

USN, I still have you in mind, but I'm exploring a couple of other trade offers for trucks first.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Damn, I wish I was in the position to buy it back. I've got a lot of Blood sweat and tears in that truck. Everything on it was done right. I have a few videos of it from when I owned it too.
Stock motor KB best pass
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/my-girlfriend-driving-our_174017.htm"]my girlfriend driving our stock motored KB lightni- Video[/ame]
Best pass even though the race gas tune was stuttering on the launch
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/My-old-lightnings-10-sec_174016.htm"]My old lightnings 10 sec pass- Video[/ame]
Racing my friends Cobra when it was a ported eaton and a 40 shot. I spun on the roll race.
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2003-Cobra-vs-pullied_48744.htm"]2003 Cobra vs 2001Lightning
Cobra- pullied, intak- Video[/ame]

convert03cobra

Established Member
Interested in a trade for a 2004 Ford F150 supercab, extended 8' bed, hunter green with 56K miles? It is a V8 though and averages about 17mpg.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Damn, I wish I was in the position to buy it back. I've got a lot of Blood sweat and tears in that truck.

I think I'm gettin' a little misty eyed! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY"]YouTube - Cats Musical - Memory[/ame]

Hope the Cobra's still treating you well, Shane. :beer:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Interested in a trade for a 2004 Ford F150 supercab, extended 8' bed, hunter green with 56K miles? It is a V8 though and averages about 17mpg.

I was really looking for a V6, but I'd consider another 8 if the deal was right. Shoot me some pics and let me know what you're thinking on the financial side.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I think I'm gettin' a little misty eyed! :D

YouTube - Cats Musical - Memory

Hope the Cobra's still treating you well, Shane. :beer:

That's quite possibly the gayest video link I've ever seen posted on here! haha

The car has been fun, but it's costing me a lot of $. It's currently getting a built motor and TT kit. If it wasn't, I would def pick my old truck up again to hold me over every time the Cobra is down. And frankly, I'm hurt you said the truck wasn't a looker! just because it doesn't have rims and has subtle appearance mods, doesn't mean it's ugly! Haha, does it still have the roll pan on it?

Last edited:

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Nah, I finally put a bumper on it. The roll pan looked good, but I couldn't get the trailer hitch back on without cutting it up.

I just drove the truck to Louisiana and back for Thanksgiving getting 18 mpg. :beer:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Nah, I finally put a bumper on it. The roll pan looked good, but I couldn't get the trailer hitch back on without cutting it up.

I just drove the truck to Louisiana and back for Thanksgiving getting 18 mpg. :beer:

are you selling the roll pan? if so what brand? thanks. sick truck.

Users who are viewing this thread