2001 Lightning with motor/turbo build

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I have a 2001 Ford SVT Lightning with 80K on the clock. I have done some tasteful mods to the truck and I am selling it with motor/turbo parts. All the details are below. Willing to trade for a 03-04 corba or sell out right for 23K
I'm not looking to part anything out I would like to sell it as a package... unless if I were to get two seperate people that want to just buy the motor/turbo parts and someone else just buy the truck. Thanks for looking!

Engine:
4 lb lower pully
Gator back belt
ported eaton(got it done locally)
CAI
Diablo chip
oil seperator
Dynatch longtube hearder
Silverbullet catbak
Valve body

Traction:
JLP traction bars

Interior:
touch screen cd player
two subs and encloser(the touch screen and sound system came with it when I bought it)
Gauge pod with boost and fuel pressure

Appearance:
stock 2001 Powder coated rims black
Powdercoated mustang bullit fuel cap
Reflexxion cowl hood (Custom painted)
carrige black grille
drop shackles, cut front coil, and removed one rear leaf
15 percent tints
I had the Lightning and SVTF150 emblem color matched to the theme of the truck

I also have a Viper Alarm system with remote start
Took some pics(lots of pics) - The National Lightning Owners Club Inc
this was with the stock ride height.

Now here are some things that are wrong with it

It idles rough sometimes because the injectors are dirty

Dings and small chips in the paint (it does have 79,000+ miles lol)

The bottom of my front ground effect is scratched up because when I first lowered it I pulled in and the curb was up higher than I thought and it scrapped it

I have one sub that is blown, I really don't mess with it because I'm more of a power guy than a sound system guy

Interior has some scuffs from the previous owner

Other than that the truck runs strong and sounds great. I get equal amounts of compliments on the sound of the truck and looks. When I had it dyno tuned it put down 410 hp and 438 lbs of torque. I took it to the track last year and ran a 12.9 with a 1.8 60' on drag radials and havent been back since

Here is the motor and turbo parts

I have a block that is bored .20 over, ported heads, custom grind turbo cams, Manely rods and pistons, a t-76 turbo, an intercooler, a godzilla BOV, and a custom built sheet metal intake (looks so bad ass had it painted black too). You can build the motor now(its not assembled) but the turbo requires a few more parts, and the fabrication of course, to be done. I have spent close to 8K on all of the parts and machine work. In the end with it all done I was aiming for 800hp with 22 lbs of boost and race fuel, which it would have made easily

I do not have any pics of the block but I painted it black and I already installed the crank.
Thanks,

David

Last edited:

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
Thanks for the compliment. All that is needed to finish up the turbo is:

Waste gate
GT 4.6L Ford Racing SS Headers
Piping
Efans
60lb injectors (not part of the turbo but needed for how much power it will be making)
MAF (2800-3000)

And misc parts like steel braided lines, fittings, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread