2001 mod update

LightnigRod

Established Member
lets say all i want is oil breather cap and air induction system, do i have to have a new chip or could i stick with stock chip= want to keep warranty, but need about 20 horses?really do want to keep oil blowby from going to supercharger and really do want air induction system,if possible without voiding warranty or installing chip? can this be done?

:uh oh:

spanky777will

Established Member
ok if you get a crankcase breather you MUST have a chip. The computer will not function properly if you add a crankcase breather and no chip. Your warrenty will not be voided unless there is not a doubt that the chip caused the problem. Most of the time the chip did not cause the problem and the dealer doesn't want to pay to fix it so they just void your warrenty saying the chip did it. If this happens get a lawyer and SUE FOMOCO. The chip slides onto the computer. No chip comes on stock lightnings. The chip alone will add a little more than 20 horses. To keep from oil from getting into the supercharger, you will need the crankcase breather. along with the crankcase breather you WILL need the chip as stated above. the Air induction system just allows more air into the motor and is less restrictive. And most importantly is makes the supercharger whine LOUDER. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread