2001 Mustang GT

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Update....

Ive got all the parts here to put motor back together, just waiting on Cometic to finish building the head gaskets. I will be delivering my blower setup to buyer this weekend. Blower is being replaced by a 76mm turbo. Im shooting for 750-800 rwhp at 25-27 psi. I think I will be alot happier with the turbo setup. There is no reason why I should have this baby blower on my car with a fully built motor. I was praying that blower would even make 15 psi on my new motor, no matter how hard I turned it. The blower was truly my limiting factor and now thats out the window.

I also will be doing my auto swap very very soon. I will prob put the 5 speed back in for now until I get get all my auto stuff together and ready to go. Ill then drive it to my buddys house, use his lift and try and finish it all in one or two days. Biggest problem I see with going auto is fabricating a new crossover pipe. Shouldnt be too bad though. Thats another challenge for another day.

The past few days Ive just been trying to clean up the engine bay. Now that Im waiting for parts, I can do some of the things I wanted to do but never took the time because I was rushing to finish. I deleted my ABS module. Cleaned up some wiring. Actually I'm tryin to do an complete wire tuck, a very challenging task on a mod motor. Im pretty sure im going to have to extend 10000 wires to finish the wire tuck, but I think it will be well worth it when Im done. I have so much going on in the engine bay of my car, and it just looked rather messy to me, maybe now I'll be a little more satisfied with it. I basically had a come to Jesus meeting with myself and realized I need to take my time and do it all RIGHT, now instead of just saying Ill fix it later. There's no point in doing it 4 times when I can just take my time and do it the way I want it, the first time.

So she is going to take a little longer to finish, but should be WELL worth it when complete.

bldmovs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Awsome build! I can't wait to see the finished product. :beer:

What caused your motor to go? How much psi were you running?

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Awsome build! I can't wait to see the finished product. :beer:

What caused your motor to go? How much psi were you running?

Motor was on 13psi.. ran good, 394hp.. ect ect..

To make a long story short, Me raising hell, ignorant, bouncing off the rev limiter trying to catch traction with 4.56 gears on street tires. Didnt know the rev limiter cut fuel, detonated... ka boom.. Live and learn huh?

When I put the blower on, it was a BONE stock car. I didnt know shit about modular motors OR blowers. I was a push rod nitrous guy. So really I guess it was all a learning experience. lol

~crash

Established Member
Damn, this is intense, glad to hear you went for a turbo set up. Keep up with the updates!

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Sorry been a while since the update.. got some update pics.. she's getting close.. waiting on a few parts now... bout it..

CIMG2030.gif

CIMG2034.gif

CIMG2035.gif

CIMG2037.gif

CIMG2038.gif

CIMG2040.gif

CIMG2041.gif

CIMG2042.gif

CIMG2043.gif

CIMG2044.gif

CIMG2045.gif

CIMG2047.gif