2001 Mustang GT

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Long term plan was turbo.. twin 61 ball bearing or single 88.. also dropping the compression to 9.0. BUT i just cant make myself spend 8000. Ysi upgrade is 2000.. and Ill spin the SHIT out it.. and wastegate it down to the psi I want.. it will "kinda" act like a turbo that way. I figure overspin the ysi by like 12000.. and wastegate it to about 22psi.. should see it rather quickly.

What kind of times are you hoping for?

I'm thinking of selling one of my Bullitts and just concentrating on making one sick car. I was also thinking about going with a combo similar to yours, (good taste in parts btw) with the exception of the power adder. If I went with a centrifical I was thinking F1R, but I figure an 88mm with a Glide would get into the 8's easy. ;-)

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
No clue on times man.. the power adder was on the car before I decided to go all out. It was originally going to be a little blower on a stock motor.. just a fun DD. That didnt work out so great to make a long story short. I plan on the upgrade later.. just decided to see just how much I could get outa the baby blower.. lol.. But some major boost will come in due time. I dont like the glide idea for my street car, th400 or 4r70w is only way to go. Glide for an all out track car no question though.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Got somemore done last night.. Anyone seen an Anderson Power pipe used like this? Im kinda diggin it. The tank straps arent tight yet so that why it appears to be crooked.

CIMG1765.jpg

CIMG1770.jpg

CIMG1778.jpg

CIMG1777.jpg

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
im curious if youd gain more boost without the pipe or with it.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
prob make more boost without it.. but the pipe isnt going to restrict it much.. the pipe is just there for daily driving and such.. dont want to run open blower at all times.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Can you just put an elbow then air filter on it so it isnt open?

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
You've inspired me to do a blow through setup. Im going with the MMR 950 Stroker. Im going to power it with my V-1 at 14psi. I have fox lake stage 2 heads, im shooting for 500 rwhp. Hopefully ill make it.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I dont want to go so big it kills me down bottom. I wanted to use the comp 278's but my tuner said they were too big for street. Im going to run a IW 10% OD dampner to make more boost. I know ill need to boost it to make more power that way.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Your tuner just means "hey man, those cams are tough to tune, part throttle stuff is hard to get right if you dont know what your doing"

Get some custom cams, made for blower/turbo app.. or leave the stocks in there. Its not worth the money to buy cams if you arent buying cams to work well with your setup. Yes the cams will add some power, but not much more than the stocks. If you get a blower cam, you will see nice gains.

Last edited:

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Good point. i dont know who to talk to about blower cams.

Are your cams lopey?

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Honestly.. my cams are almost more of a choppy cam. I really dont know what its going to sound like yet.. prob wont know that until the tune is complete. but I can kinda get the idea. My cams dont have any lsa man.. lobes are stacked on top of each other. Blower cam is made to get that air in and out quick. A bigger lsa will give you a "lopey" idle but it also holds that air in the cylinder longer.

Hers a vid.. Tune is rough and idle is erratic.

[ame=http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/Hambonez71/Mustang/?action=view&current=CIMG1655.flv]
th_CIMG1655.jpg
[/ame]

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
So I been busy today.. Here what car looked like at 4pm when I started

CIMG1765.jpg

this is what she looked like at 6pm or so

CIMG1798.jpg

and this is what it looks like now..

CIMG1802.jpg

CIMG1804.jpg