2001 owners have you used leather cleaners on your seats?

silverbulletsvt

Established Member
i bought some meguiars leather wipes ,but im not sure if it will stain the alcantara inserts in our seats?? what do you all clean your seats with and preserve them with?? im mostly worried about the reg leather around the insert not the insert its self,as the insert wont fade or crack

thx

99SVTcobraVERT

i use only the best in leather treatment and conditioner, lexol. about the more plain looking bottle comes in brown and orange and just says lexol leather cleaner. countless high line import shops and owners cant be wrong? it is a nice product and has protected my 94 cobra,96mystic,99cobra coupe,99 cobra conv't,and my current 01 cobra conv't. i have yet to have a problem with its performance.

99SVTcobraVERT

do NOT use any sort of treatment that i know of for the middle. only thing you can do is go over it lightly with a lightly damp cloth and go back over it right after wards with a hair dryer.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
I used Lexol on my 01 and 03 and think it's the best after trying at least 1/2 dozen others (eagle, meguires, etc) Don't use it on the inserts - just use a water damp sponge with a little soap if you need it.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I am using the Meguires but in a spray bottle. It has worked excellent for me so far. Just make sure to be careful and not spread it on the inserts. The Lexol products also get very good reviews around here.

Razor.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Just use lexol on a soft cloth (to avoid overspray) and take your time around the Alcantara. The Alcantara is suppose to be easy to clean. Here's the link to the company that makes Alcantara.

2001/2003 Cobra seat care

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
I've got the Meguiars leather treatment wipes you bought myself. I only use them on the slick part of the seats surrounding the inserts and the back of the seats, where it seems to work quite well. Like you, I've always been a little paranoid that they would stain the inserts.
Here's a link I was provided to the manufacturer of Alcantara:
http://www.alcantara.it/english/automotive/automotive.htm

P.S.- I just realized that somebody had already given it to you.............. sorry

Users who are viewing this thread