2001 Silver Lightning

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
I just bought a 2001 L with 110,000 for $8,800, completely stock and was never modified, extremely clean, almost too clean for its mileage. But has the old "Eaton" logo blower, does that mean it has 20 hp less than that new L's, Your thoughts? good deal?

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Whats the build number on it? IIRC they stopped using the EATON logo superchargers in 2000. You might want to run the VIN on the truck. Either way, it sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
yes thats what i thought as well, so maybe it was an early production 01 that might have had the blower/intercooler problem, ill call 1800fordsvt tomm

MJG

Established Member
Mines an '01.
Was stock from the guy I bought it from, built in march, and it has EATON on the blower, not ford svt

FlaHP

Established Member
01s can have either one so no need to worry. Great price and enjoy your new ride.

When you get brave do and IC cleaning and get an Oil seperator and plug change.

my98stang46

Established Member
Nice truck! My '01 was #2566 and it had "EATON" on it...now it has "FORD SVT" but the logo has ne bearing on the HP

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
I have an 01 that was built in May and it has SVT on it, a friend of mine had an 01 that said Eaton on it that was built in March...

Either way, all 01's came with 380/450 from the factory so it really doesn't matter until it says either KB or Whipple on it.

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
yeah iv seen it for sale since the spring. it was at 2 dealers then last week moved again and put on ebay. I looked at it over the weekend its super clean for that many miles. enjoy it!:rockon:

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
why do you think its been for sale so long? did u happen to drive it at all? my real only concern was with that many miles, is the tranny going to start shifting hard and eventually go?, supposedly its been stock its whole life, which it looked like it was, when i drove it, it seemed fine, so we'll see what happens

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
why do you think its been for sale so long? did u happen to drive it at all? my real only concern was with that many miles, is the tranny going to start shifting hard and eventually go?, supposedly its been stock its whole life, which it looked like it was, when i drove it, it seemed fine, so we'll see what happens

i didnt drive it just looked at it. Didnt get to look under the hood or anything, but its a clean truck youll be fine if you take care of it

Users who are viewing this thread