2001 Wrangler Pricing

mgallo13

Established Member
hey guys i dont know if i should put this here or in "the market" but im more posting this to gauge interest in my jeep than sell it as of yet. im asking because when i graduate next spring from college my plan is to buy a 2011+ mustang. not sure whether GT or Boss as of yet. if the thread should be somewhere else, PM me and ill move it.

to the point:

if you had the money, how much money would you pay for:

2001 jeep wrangler 2 door utility, 60th anniversary edition
4.0L, 5 speed manual
99,xxx miles, has never been mudded
a/c, heat, cd player w/ ipod compatibility
cruise control, tilt wheel
hard top and soft top
stock suspension and tires (30x10 inch tires)
paint is in decent condition, minor chipping
clean carfax, oil changes personally done every 3000 miles
inspection valid until summer 2014

the only caveat is it has minor rust on the frame and skid plates. its all surface rust that i plan on sanding/grinding off and re-sealing before i sell it.

im just posting this to see what a realistic number to ask/expect for offers. KBB value in good condition is $10,100, fair condition $9,200.

i'd appreciate realistic offers and any input or suggestions you guys have in order to help me sell it when the time comes. thanks

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
currently, we have 3 setting on the lot an 01, and two 02's - all have average miles for the year and in good condition. 01 is $11995, the others are $12,995 - these are probably the best selling vehicles we can ever carry. they never sit longer than a few days. people fight over them.

earlier this year, we had a cherry red 02 come in, it was put on the lot for 11.9 - we had 3,500 in it. i snagged it up before anyone could get their hands on it. i drive it to work some times and people come is making me offers of 7,8,9 grand. i love my jeep. im keeping it.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
minor rust on the frame isn't a big deal. Body/frame rot is a big deal.

what are you looking to get out of it, 10 grand? If so I'd price it at 12 grand OBO, and let it play out from there.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
wranglers are one of the best vehicles to buy/sell and the popularity of them never diminishes like a lot of other trucks/cars... I'd say 9 or 10k cause of the mileage

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
wranglers are a class all by themselves.....like SVT's.

drive it in the summer with the top off....females love it. they are adventurous.

mgallo13

Established Member
@offroadkarter no rot whatsoever, just minor rust.

@outlaw yeah that was my original draw to it, top down during the summer being so close to the shore in jersey is unreal. Movin to bigger and better things come spring meaning the gt or boss. Scary how these mustangs get better mileage and have almost three times the power of a jeep. Not that I'm overly concerned with a mustangs mileage hahaha

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I was more curious to see if someone would even pay close to KBB value for the car. I bought it for 8k so anything close to that is be happy with but if ou think I can get close to 10k for it that's amazing. Def a huge step towards the stang.

Keep it comin everyone!

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I would list it at 11K OBO in all honesty... You will have a lot of tire kickers, as that is the Jeep crowd, but someone who genuinely wants it and sees how good of condition it is will pay for it. The best thing you can also do is clean up underneath so when it goes on a lift for inspection it looks clean and well maintained, which I know yours is.

Users who are viewing this thread