2002 f-250

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I'm slightly considering buying a 2002 F-250 and I was hoping that those of you on here with them could help me out on what to look for as well as what kind of gas mileage I can look to get out of them. Thank you all in advance.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Don't dare try and give any details or anything.....

What engine does it have? 5.4L, Triton V10, 7.3L PSD????

Because it needs to be diesel or GTFO.

Common

Established Member
If it's the 7.3 diesel, you have to do nothing but maintain and drive, expect shit to start needing freshening up at about 200k, depending on who owned and maintained it before.

I have never owned a 5.4 or 6.8 so cant tell you much on those.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Don't dare try and give any details or anything.....

What engine does it have? 5.4L, Triton V10, 7.3L PSD????

Because it needs to be diesel or GTFO.

Haha shit that slipped my mind. It's a 7.3 PSD. I would never consider a gas burner in anything above a 1/2 ton. It's got atleast 150,000 on it I'm pretty sure, but it looks to be in pretty nice condition.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
If it's the 7.3 diesel, you have to do nothing but maintain and drive, expect shit to start needing freshening up at about 200k, depending on who owned and maintained it before.

I have never owned a 5.4 or 6.8 so cant tell you much on those.

It's a 7.3. How about gas mileage? I know yours was lifted pretty good and I doubt I would take it much higher than stock, but did you ever get any numbers before the lift?

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
You should be able to get at least 17mpg's on the highway stock height. a good economy tune would help.

If you do buy it, be sure to hit up DP tuners for your tuning. Best system for the 7.3L period.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
You should be able to get at least 17mpg's on the highway stock height. a good economy tune would help.

If you do buy it, be sure to hit up DP tuners for your tuning. Best system for the 7.3L period.

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Any chance I could break 20 with a tune?

Common

Established Member
It's a 7.3. How about gas mileage? I know yours was lifted pretty good and I doubt I would take it much higher than stock, but did you ever get any numbers before the lift?

I am not the smoothest driver so 15-17mpg was my usual MPG, I did get little more on a few longer trips. However, once the lift and tires/tuner went in, I was seeing 8-10mpg driving locally and pretty much 12-14 highway, if I was lucky. I did drive it 75mph+ most of the time so that killed the MPG's

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
My dad got 17-18 avg on the highway with his 02 PSD crew cab. Sold it for an '06 PSD so idk about maintenance past 87,000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread