2002 M3 or C5 Z06?

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
friend wants to trade straight up: my 2003 C5 Z06, 70K miles, Corsa exhaust, Torch red
for his 2002 E46 BMW M3 Carbon Black, 6 Spd, 28K miles, all stock. Coupe

anyone had both that can comment? think its a good trade?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I don't really like the looks of C5 ZO6's anymore and with that said, I saw a sick ass gray E46 M3 today with rims. He was behind me and his halos were on. That thing just looks so SEXY

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
bleh...no thanks...all beamer crap is expensive and yea...you gotta get a newer m3 not the older one

LS2GTO

Established Member
the Z is a much better performer both in a straight line and taking corners. The only thing the M3 has is the name, and that it's not a common chevy car. Plus the interior etc is not that great on those older BMWs, and by now a 7+ year old BMW is just asking for trouble (and expensive trouble)

And who really cares about re-sale value, not like you plan on getting rid of any of these anytime soon? I would think in 20 years the z would have a much better value than the m3.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
the Z is a much better performer both in a straight line and taking corners. The only thing the M3 has is the name, and that it's not a common chevy car. Plus the interior etc is not that great on those older BMWs, and by now a 7+ year old BMW is just asking for trouble (and expensive trouble)

And who really cares about re-sale value, not like you plan on getting rid of any of these anytime soon? I would think in 20 years the z would have a much better value than the m3.

the interior of that m3 is 100000000x nicer than the z06 interior...

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
the interior of that m3 is 100000000x nicer than the z06 interior...

I'll vouch for that... I traded my cobra (after 6 years of having it) on an 05 M3 recently... I have only one regret... it's not fast like the cobra, but it's definitely smoother, more quiet, and just as sleek. it doesn't have that badass, raw, unrivaled power, but I simply wanted something I could use everyday in a practical manner. I'm 100% satisfied with my decision.

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
I would do it especially if his m3 has only 28,000 miles. If you know he treats his car good and not rags it out then imo id do it

NA97GT

Established Member
high milage chevy, or low mile m3. If it was me, i'd choose the m3 cause I love them. Have you even driven the BMW yet?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
keep the Z.

like someone else said, it must not be that great if he wants to trade you straight across for your Z.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
M3 FTW. The ZO6 interior is pure crap (no offense), and the car just looks dated. I haven't driven either car for an extended period of time, but from past experiences with BMWs and Chevys, the M3 will be a way better car to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread