2003 Black Cobra - 507hp

Jack Burton

Established Member
I bought the car with 67,000 miles. I've only put on 2k miles since. I've always wanted one of these cars so I baby the heck out it since I don't want it worn out. The car wasn't pullied till about 61,000 miles. The car runs perfect and doesn't burn oil at all. No smoke either. I'm quite impressed with how strong it runs. Here is a list of the mods:

engine:
Stiegemeier stage IV
2.93 Metco upper with 4lb Metco lower
60lb injectors
MSD BAP
Diablo MAFia
LFP heat exchanger
LFP intercooler tank
Billetflow snub idler
Xcal2 tuned by Power Surge Performance

drivetrain:
Spec stage 3 clutch, Hays aluminum flywheel
new stock Ford clutch cable
Fiore firewall adjuster
Fiore quadrant
M/M clutch pedal lowering kit
adjustable aluminum front differential mounts
delrin rear differential mount
Billetflow IRS brace
90/10 Lakewood struts with 4-cylinder springs
QA1 10-way shocks
Pro 5.0 shifter

exhaust:
Mac offroad H-pipe
stainless FR500 catback with Flowmaster Delta 40's

exterior:
18x9 and 18x10.5 SSR GT3's
245/40/18 fronts and 315/30/18 Micheline Pilot rears
tinted taillights
Steeda sidewinder stripes
cobra grille snake

interior:
PLX wideband 02 sensor
boost overlay

Mods awaiting installation that I will include with the car:
Steeda swaybar
Steed billet sway bar mounts
Steeda sway bar ends
Steeda bump steer kit

nitrous (from previous owner)
"Dynotune 65 shot dry kit post MAF with nitrous tune from RWTD, Compucar purge through the snake on the front, Compucar bottle warmer, the car has been sprayed through a couple gears only 4 times, the bottle is still almost full and A/F was almost 10:1 on the spray."

Personally, I've never run the nitrous. Never taken the car to the track either. Pretty much just a toy for me. I don't have the time that I planned to have for the car. This is the perfect car (for someone that is like me) for somebody that wants a car that has all the mods/supporting mods done to it. It still amazes me just how quick this car is and how many compliments I get on it.

Asking $22,500 obo

Here are some pics (some are mine and some are from previous owner)

cobra11.jpg

cobra9.jpg

cobra8.jpg

cobra7.jpg

cobra6.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Thanks man, it's a blast to drive. I'm still running it through my head if I really want to sell it or not since I know I'll miss it when its gone

98mdsnake

Established Member
I hear you I just sold a 04 OW on Saturday and started regreting it as soon as the dude pulled away!!!!!! I'm already shoping for a another one. Was the 507rwhp on spray?

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yeah, I have the feeling I'm going to regret this as well. The 507hp is on the blower not on spray. I've never used the spray to be honest with you. I was going to have my tuner double check the old tune before I tried it. But, I'm not sure if I ever would really use the spray. The thing puts me in the seat as it is

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
That is a good looking cobra! The miles are high, but the price is spot on, in my opinion. Great looking car all around!

Jack Burton

Established Member
Thanks for the compliment, I think it's pretty sharp looking myself. Ford did a great job with these engines, you would never know it has the miles on it with the way it pulls. The low end torque on this thing is amazing. I've never driven anything like it.

Sharkster

Established Member
jesus, do you eat off of that thing VERY NICE SNAKE WOW if all goes as planned this weekend Ill picking another one up. If I wasnt.... we would be talking

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Yep, this is my old car, I did all the mods so if there are any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer anything he can't.

Mark, what are you going to buy next? C5Z? :D

Jack Burton

Established Member
Yep, this is my old car, I did all the mods so if there are any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer anything he can't.

Mark, what are you going to buy next? C5Z? :D

Glad to see you chimed in. I'm been MORE than happy with the car. By far the most fun I've had with a car. Only problem is that I don't get to drive it that much, and I'm looking to pick up a bike again or something. Although, I def do like the C5Z a lot I'm looking for something a bit better on gas. Although I'm sure if the car sells I'll miss the hell out of it.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Here is a quick vid I made. Was just giving it a quick bit of gas on a small side street, didn't open it up much. Gives you an idea of how the car sounds and such.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCzQZ3myK5s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCzQZ3myK5s[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread