2003 Black Cobra SVT

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
2003 Black Cobra SVT SOLD

SOLD, PLZ DELETE

Roaming the streets of KC

77K miles

I have daily driven this car since I bought it with no problems. I have driven it on 3000 miles trips with no problems. I bought it with 50K miles. This car has seen mostly highway. I used to work 40 miles out of town, and drove their 5 times a week. I would take this car cross country and not even think twice. It has air conditioning and was just refilled (needed to evac the system to replace the heater core).

Definetly a 10 sec car if you aren't afraid to launch it. I wouldn't launch it over 3000rpms (1.7sec 60 ft) when I last went to the track in fear of damaging a rear axles. Most say you can launch it 4000rpms (1.6 60 ft) w/out worry of breaking.

The car had nitrous on it. I used probably 25 lbs of nitrous thru it on the 75 shot pill (probably more like 63 shot, conservativley marked). I took it off and sold it becuase the solenoid wouldn't run any bigger, and also becuase I never used it. Traction was such an issue on the street, I couldn't spray until I was in 4th gear w/out melting the tires. Even with the ET Streets I was running, I couldn't spary until 3rd on the street. When I did run it, I had a window switch, and A/F saftey switch wh/ would cut off nitrous if it ever went leaner than 12:1. I had never had the A/F safety switch cut nitrous, as I was really rich before getting it tuned on the dyno (10:1). After tuning it was 11.8:1 at the highest point.

Mods added after 55,000 miles, car was bone stock before that.

Power mods:
Steig IV blower port
Steeda 2.8 upper
Metco 2# lower
Steeda RAI
2.5" Manderel Bent UPR O/R X pipe
2.5" Magnaflow Catback with 3.5" tips

Supporting mods:
Billet Flow snub idler (90mm)
Billet Flow 100 mm idler
Seimens 60# injectors (w/ harness)
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (50% pre FPDM)
PPRV Delete
Laurel Mountain Mustang Full Length Subframes
Innovative Dynotune Wideband
NGK TR7ix (gapped at .027")
Check valve to keep oil out of supercharger

Transmission:
26 spline input shaft
LDC Retainer tube
Spec 3+ Clutch (good to 800+rwtq)
spec Steel Flywheel
Steeda Micro click adjuster
Steeda Quadrant
GM Syncromesh

Electronics:
Dynotune wideband guage on steering column
SCT XcalII tuner (93 octane, 91 octane)

Safety:
Drive shaft safety loop
IRS Differential Brace

Appearence:
Replica FR500 17x9 and 17x10.5 rims Chrome

Stock Parts:
Stock air box and snorkel
stock springs
child restraint bar from rear seat
NGK TR6 plugs, used very short time
All stock parts (minus injectors and rims)

Pics:
Please pardon the dirty pictures taken today, it has been raining here in Columbia, MO for the past week, and more rain coming today, doesn't pay to wash it right now.

Dyno tuned by RWTD
Scan0001.gif

Blower tune, plus, you can hear the exhaust to get an idea of how it sounds
th_HPIM0793.gif

A pic in the water box
Trackburnout.gif

My best times launching at 3000rpms, not clutch slip or tire spin, bogged bad
Timelip.gif

Nice B/W picture
BWCobraPic.gif

Odemeter taken about 20 mins ago
HPIM0842.jpg

Guagues
HPIM0843.jpg

Steigemier ported eat, stage IV
HPIM0847.jpg

Steigemier port number, you can check with them
HPIM0849.jpg

Idler, snub, and lower pulley
HPIM0845.jpg

Steeda RAI
HPIM0846.jpg

Interior, I realized I didn't take a picture of the rear seat, but they are in perfect condition, I had maybe two people ride back there the whole time I owned the car.
HPIM0841.jpg

Vin tag
HPIM0844.jpg

Boost gauge overlay
9381ca8b.jpg

At work
100_0282.jpg

Tires when new
100_0280.jpg

Rear tires now, front are in better shape
HPIM0831.jpg

One of my favorite pictures
CIMG2522.jpg

Paint is in pretty good condition for being daily driven its entire life
CIMG2506.jpg

Now the bad, all the scratches, dents and other bad things

Scratches on rear bumper
HPIM0834.gif

Close up of bottom scratch
HPIM0832.gif

Close up of top scratch
HPIM0833.gif

Dent behind drivers door
HPIM0835.gif

Same dent from 90deg, very small as you can see
HPIM0836.gif

There are some smaller dents on the roof from a small hail storm, the camera wouldn't pick them up, but I want to mention them.

Key mark from some jealous punk
HPIM0837.gif

Front bumper, some paint peeling, thank you Ford
HPIM0838.gif

Same other side
HPIM0839.gif

The hood also has some small rock chips, very small, no rust, from being a daily driver on the highway, again, the camera wouldn't pick them up.

Drivers seat from getting in and out, not bad for 77000 miles
HPIM0840.gif

That about sums it up. I am selling the car to buy something else. I do not drive the car anymore the way it should be driven. I am looking at the New 335i from BMW. Some may ask why I am asking so low, well, it has higher miles and being a daily driver, it has the scars of the road on the paint. It starts, runs, and looks good still. As you can see, I am not hiding anything, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I have done all the mods on this car myself, so they are done right. My friend Jake is on this board much more than I am, he can vouch for my work, as I do the work on his car.

Let me know,
573-268-1740
[email protected]
or pm me.

Last edited:

spincobra03

Established Member
dude I dont want to be a jerk and really do wish you luck in selling her but that car lol is so durty and beat up. I think 22k is way to high. I think if you got 18 you would be doing ok. The person that buys it will have to put at least 5k into it for paint job and or a little body work. But again im not trying to be rude and or a troll, however I do think you have some nice mods! good luck with the sale man!

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
The lowest I would go is 20K. The car is dirty, it can be washed. Look at the two pics where it is clean, the paint has the normal wear and tear, but I will get it buffed out and detailed before I let it go. I buffed one fender to see if the swirl marks and buidup would come off, and it did. There are a lot of mods on this car, I have over 6K stuck into it, not including my time putting them on. If the two bumpers are scaring people, I can get them fixed and the key mark fixed, but then the price will be a little higher, whatever it costs me to do it.

red97svt

Established Member
spincobra03 said:
dude I dont want to be a jerk and really do wish you luck in selling her but that car lol is so durty and beat up. I think 22k is way to high. I think if you got 18 you would be doing ok. The person that buys it will have to put at least 5k into it for paint job and or a little body work. But again im not trying to be rude and or a troll, however I do think you have some nice mods! good luck with the sale man!

+1. when you take into consideration that for another 2 or 3 grand you could get a perfect condition low mileage terminator spincobra hit the nail on the head. hope you get close to what you want though.

mrpositraction

Sssssssslayer
Established Member
I washed it, just for you guys.

I washed it and took some more photos for you. The paint is not as bad as some of you make it out to be. And I would appreciate it if you are not interested, to please keep the comments to yourself or pm me with them.

Thanks,

Greg

HPIM0861.gif

HPIM0862.gif

HPIM0863.gif

HPIM0864.gif

HPIM0865.gif

HPIM0866.gif

HPIM0867.gif

HPIM0868.gif

HPIM0869.gif

HPIM0870.gif

HPIM0871.gif

HPIM0872.gif

Last edited:

red97svt

Established Member
am looking for a terminator and wouldn't mind buying one that needed some tlc, but your asking price is a little high. i might be interested for a closer to reasonable price. just for a reference point, there are low mileage garage queens on these forums that sit for months with a price not much higher than your asking. sorry, i would pm, but the site isnt allowing me to pm.

Geno-04

Established Member
Bump for ya...the price isn't that bad when you think about the mods that are done to the car.

alkyholic

GM-NTMR
Established Member
True about the mods, but for the price there are several other cars on here for just about the same price with good bodys that dont need to be repainted. The mileage on this car is the real killer but to me its only worth about 18500

TheNightStalker

Established Member
Geno-04 said:
Bump for ya...the price isn't that bad when you think about the mods that are done to the car.

Mods = lower price unless it is a TT, KB, Whipple, or extreme racing set up. For a port job and normal mods the price should only go down for these types of mods. You have a nice car and if I were you I would have everything buffed out and get her repainted and you could probably sell her for 22k. Good luck with the sell.

Users who are viewing this thread