2003 Cobra Alternator

Black03WPB

Established Member
Hey Guys -

My car dies every once in a while, and while I thought it was teh alternator before, we replaced the battery and everything was working 100% a okay and it ran smooth for about a month.

Now, it has been acting up again, and it has to be my alternator. Im going to bring it to Ford but Im curious if you knew if a 99-2001 Cobra/2004 Mach 1 alternator was the same alternator found on the 2003 Cobra? Im having trouble locating it anywhere, including Napa.com and such.

Its my daily driver, and Im having problem after problem with the vehicle so Im having major headaches right now.. if anyone knows the answer could you please email me @ [email protected] Itd be greatly appreciated

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Black03WPB said:
Hey Guys -

My car dies every once in a while, and while I thought it was teh alternator before, we replaced the battery and everything was working 100% a okay and it ran smooth for about a month.

Now, it has been acting up again, and it has to be my alternator. Im going to bring it to Ford but Im curious if you knew if a 99-2001 Cobra/2004 Mach 1 alternator was the same alternator found on the 2003 Cobra? Im having trouble locating it anywhere, including Napa.com and such.

Its my daily driver, and Im having problem after problem with the vehicle so Im having major headaches right now.. if anyone knows the answer could you please email me @ [email protected] Itd be greatly appreciated

Why don't you have your charging system checked out before replacing the alternator? :idea:

Black03WPB

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Why don't you have your charging system checked out before replacing the alternator? :idea:

I figured if theres a problem with the charging system, it would just be the alternator.. Im obviously mistaken.

Im going to take it to ford. If it turns out to be the alternator, Im going to order that PA one and do the work myself..

Users who are viewing this thread