2003 Cobra convertible, Whipple, Automatic

eebj01

Established Member
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible, Redfire exterior, black interior, black top, 35,000 miles,18X9 ½” chrome Cobra R wheels, Nitto Extreme tires, BFG Drag Radials, DSS Super Pro Mod shortblock w/ 17cc dish pistons, Cometic head gaskets, ported/polished heads, SHM Stage 1 cams, Whipple 2.3 supercharger, 3.25 blower pulley, 9” crank pulley, billet idlers, Metco auxillary idler, 60lb injectors, billet fuel rails, twin focus pumps, KB BAP, 8ga. Wire upgrade, 8AN fuel lines, Y block, SCT 2400 meter, Mafterburner extender, LFP heat exchanger, Fluidyne aluminum radiator, BBK twin 65 tb, Bassani ceramic headers, custom 3” X pipe, 3” Mac catback, JLP high boost air inlet, blower spacer, billet oil pump gears, PA SFI flexplate, PA AODE w/ transbrake, Precision Engineering 9 ½” converter, B&M Hammer shifter, 8.8 solid rear axle with Moser axles, Auburn Pro, 3.73 Motorsport gears, long wheel studs, etc, tubular K member, coil over kit, subframe connectors, 8 point roll bar w/ swingouts, Steeda rear springs, UPR uppers and lowers, RCI 5 point harness, Autometer pod, boost and fuel pressure gauges, XM Satellite radio, Polk tweeters, JL sub amp, JL 12” sub, Clear tail lights, cross drilled and slotted rotors, UPR billet accessories, SCT multi program chip and custom tunes, polished door sills, etc. This car, including original purchase price, has over $55K invested. Why buy one stock when you can have a legitimate 10.20 car on drag radials. I also have a brand new setup of 15X 3 ½” and 15X10” Pro stars and 28X10 ½” slicks, wheel spacers, etc. They were only on the car to go around the block. The car should run high 9’s on slicks. It has gone 135mph with the automatic which usually robs some trap speed. Car is almost flawless, few small nicks on the front edge of the hood. Turns heads everywhere. Asking $35K for everything. I will take you to the track to prove how well the car runs and the timeslips that I have are included with the car. Please email [email protected]. Also, the car is not gutted or missing anything. A/C blows ice cold, power everything, even the insulation is still attached under the carpet. Car is full weight. Car drives like it is stock. No bucking, surging, etc. Cruises at 2200 rpm at 75mph with the converter locked up.

SBlueSVT03

[url=http://img473.images
Established Member
How long have your owned it and did you put it together? Do you have the paperwork on the engine build. contact number please. thx

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I was talking to the owner, this car if i'm not mistaken is one that a buddy of mine built and i helped on. The guy got rid of it about a year ago and last i heard it was in PA.I'f its the same car I know it's a truely nasty car. hey eeja01 does the car have triangle looking supports that connect to the subframe connectors

Last edited:

eebj01

Established Member
Cobra

Yes, I bought the car in VA. The car is different now though. They ran a stock heat exchanger with one of those import type sprayers on it. Stock tb, air inlet, 2 1/2" exhaust, stock idlers, etc. I added all of those parts and had it retuned. The way I got the car it made 565 rwhp through the AOD-E which is pretty good through that. It has now made 614 on a pump gas tune through the same trans on a Mustang dyno. It went a best of 11.30 @128 on 18" drag radials before and has run 10.78 @ 134 on the same tires since. Car drives perfectly too. Those X braces are no longer there because of the 3" exhaust with tailpipes. It now has an 8 point rollbar as well. The only reason I am THINKING of selling it is because I can't get it to hook up at the track with the loose converter and automatic. On the street from a roll it is a different story. With the automatic it is an animal. A 6 speed car with similar stuff and a race fuel tune was no match. The car handles/drives so well with the Bilsteins that I don't want to put drag stuff in there. If I could get it to hook and then even use the transbrake, I know it'll go high 9's. I mean, babying it out of the hole and it goes just a tick under 135 on 18" DR with an automatic, it'll do it. I guess I probably should just buy the damned struts/shocks/springs and be done with it.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Bump for an awsome car, I have seen and worked on it very very nice. when the guy in VA had it, it made over 700rwhp through the auto with juice but i know he took that off before he sold it so those numbers sound about right.

I'm sure some 28x11.50x15 M/T drags would do the trick

eebj01

Established Member
Yeah, I have been thinking about spraying it. The problem is, I have no control. Back in the day I sprayed a stock block 302 with a 275 shot with a single Holley Blue pump. I used to wipe out the 4 corner plugs on every pass but the car flew! It's amazing the stupid things you do. So, I would like to add a 75 shot but that would escalate into who knows what. I can't run 9's legally with the car because I would need a 10 point and that isn't happening so my goal is to drive to the track and do nothing, not even lower tire pressure, and run 10.20's or better. I was thinking turbo but the car runs too good the way it sits. I am actually leaning toward nitrous over the winter, I just need to throw the other jets away!

Users who are viewing this thread