-> 2003 Cobra Database Mod Tracking System

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Hello guys I am creating a web page and database to log and track modifications and performance #’s of the 2003 Cobras. It will be searchable and graphable so you can easily research it all. I am designing the input form right now and am trying to think of everything I could possibly ask as far as modifications are concerned that directly effect horsepower. This is for standard bolt-ons only so nothing too in-depth or technical. If people would like me to add that then I might consider it.

Here is the breakdown of the listing that will be used:

http://www.xtreme-vision.com/db_list.htm

Obviously I will also include an ambiguous “OTHER” for write-in brand and types.

I would like to fill in the blanks, add or modify the above with your help to make this as exhaustive and complete as possible. I am not sure about the exact #’s for all the pulleys and whatnot so please correct me anywhere it’s needed. It’s a little too much work to research and do every single one myself so please help out. Thanks.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
There are 2 and 8lb lower pulleys.

Also, you might want to include dyno type and location since that alone can make a difference in reported gains.

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by Elapidae
There are 2 and 8lb lower pulleys.

Also, you might want to include dyno type and location since that alone can make a difference in reported gains.

Thanks and good call.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Nice, I've been hoping someone would do that.

Stock = unknown
UPR CAI = 390 / 390 SAE (SuperFlow WinDyn)
UPR CAI + 2.93" Pulley + DiabloSport Chip = 430 / 460 SAE (same dyno)

All the above with too much timing in the chip = 455 / 495 SAE with lots and lots of spark knock / detonation.

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by slow lane
Nice, I've been hoping someone would do that.

Stock = unknown
UPR CAI = 390 / 390 SAE (SuperFlow WinDyn)
UPR CAI + 2.93" Pulley + DiabloSport Chip = 430 / 460 SAE (same dyno)

All the above with too much timing in the chip = 455 / 495 SAE with lots and lots of spark knock / detonation.

Well dude just hold on a bit longer and you can have all the fun you want. It will be a form you can enter the stuff yourself into the database.

For those of you that keep track of any and all gains after every minute change, you can add every stage of modifications you want.

The most important feature I think will be averages. People ask about certain mods, point them to this page!

:)

Z20WHAT

Established Member
If anyone can start listing the different brands of all the parts where is says "LIST BRANDS HERE" that would be appreciated. I know SOME but don't want to exclude anyone.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
Z20WHAT - I was actually going to do the same thing but had a different way of putting the database together. I was planning on having all the data put in and then on the search page have the catagories and then only show available selections for the brands that I have in the database. If there are only 5 cat back brands listed, you can only search on these for the results. This way it eliminates any blank data.

I also was going to put broader(sp) catagories to search from like: Intake, TB, MAF, Pully, Header, Mid, CatBack, etc... This way a header would long, mid and shorties if in the database. Just be easier I thought. I was going to have the selections as a listbox so that anyone could select more than one from each catagory.

I actually have started this and have about 35 entries with all the data. I gathered it all from here either from posts or signatures.

Have you started putting this together already? The reason that I ask is that we could put two minds together and work on it if you want. Two are better than one. Let me know.

Here is a link to my other post that asked for the list:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32175

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by TopRacer
Z20WHAT - I was actually going to do the same thing but had a different way of putting the database together. I was planning on having all the data put in and then on the search page have the catagories and then only show available selections for the brands that I have in the database. If there are only 5 cat back brands listed, you can only search on these for the results. This way it eliminates any blank data.

I also was going to put broader(sp) catagories to search from like: Intake, TB, MAF, Pully, Header, Mid, CatBack, etc... This way a header would long, mid and shorties if in the database. Just be easier I thought. I was going to have the selections as a listbox so that anyone could select more than one from each catagory.

I actually have started this and have about 35 entries with all the data. I gathered it all from here either from posts or signatures.

Have you started putting this together already? The reason that I ask is that we could put two minds together and work on it if you want. Two are better than one. Let me know.

Here is a link to my other post that asked for the list:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32175

Yes I have already started to build it. But I only have just half of the input form and part of the database designed (MS Access).

Well the searching can be done that way. I can just dynamically pull them from the database, but I still need a complete list of brands/products so people can select them when they enter the data.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "broader" search category...it seems I have the same thing you described going on.

I would like to port this as a Flah application. At least make it pretty and as interactive as possible while we're at it, ya know?

Let me know what you can do and what parts you would like to get invovled in and we can pull together.

Users who are viewing this thread