2003 Cobra Feeler (need advice)

BlownAway03

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm wanting to get into a C6Z later this year and my Cobra may have to go. I'm wondering what I may be able to get for it or maybe just sell I to Carmax. Here's the info on the car: 2003 Cobra with 112k miles, I'm the 2nd owner, interior is pretty much flawless. Front bumper recently painted because of rock chips. 2 nicks on hood from thrown rock on interstate. No other really noticeable blemishes. Car has held up really well. People wonder how it can be a 2003 (people that don't know mustangs, of course) The engine was replaced in October of 2008 at 88,000 miles. It was installed by me at the Ford dealer that I worked for at the time. It came with a 3 yr/100k warranty. So thus engine barely has over 20,000 miles on it and it has a warranty. The car is slightly modded as follows: 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, Mac off road prochamber and catback, H&R lowering springs, Steeda diff brace, subframe and diff bushings, LFP intercooler tank, KB boost a pump, ported blower, ported tb, ported plenum, RWTD tune, HIDs and I'm sure Ive left out something. Car has not been to the track with the new engine in it. I know I've left out some info. Just wondering what some of you guys would offer for something like this. I will be able to post up a few pics later. Feedback is appreciated.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I wouldn't recommend selling to Carmax unless you like throwing away money.

Put some pics up and ask for a reasonable amount for the car. You shouldn't have much trouble moving it.

BlownAway03

Established Member
These are some pics of my car. This has to be one of the best conditioned Cobras out there for 112k miles. The whole interior is pretty much mint. Would like to get $15k. Am I way off? ttt

2721182e.gif

20ec6e0f.gif

a112afe1.gif

0ef5a91d.gif

99e2308b.gif

ef540639.gif

2fd58e7b.gif

19fe646e.gif

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'm very pleased with the way this car has held up. By the way the miles are mostly highway. Most of the time I've owned the car I had a lengthy commute to work and no beater. Now that I've moved I only drive about 1/4 of the distance to work and have a beater. In the last year I've only put like 5k miles on this beast. I bought it with 20k miles in May of 2004.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
at 15k with a new motor that has 20k miles on it you shouldn't have much trouble selling it.

just make sure you have all the documentation and paperwork backing up the motor purchase and install and you should be fine

Users who are viewing this thread