2003 Cobra Questions?

grabber08

Established Member
He guys , I am looking at purchasing a 2003 Cobra and was wondering what I really need to look for on these cars. Car has the following mods 2.93 upper pulley, full bassan exhaust with high flow cats,cold air,steeda springs. Car has a tck over 14000 miles on it. build date is 9-25-02. I would like to find out as much as possible. Does 440 rwhp seem reasonable with these mods and tune?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yes that is right in the ballpark and makes for a very fun street car

i would try to find out as much as possible about who tuned it, dyno sheet, etc. also check under rear diff for leakage

best of luck with it! curious - what is a 14k mile terminator going for these days ?

grabber08

Established Member
Great Info !! Thanks ! Does doing a pulley mod hurt the motor in these cars? I think this on has 2.93 upper only. claims 440 rwhp.

grabber08

Established Member
if battery goes dead does that do anything to the tune in the car? Im rookie on these cars. P49Y-CY customer asking 23500. got them a little lower . going to get it Friday. I had dealership do a oasis report and the rear diff had a vibration at one time. they replace pinion and gear. also fuel sending unit went bad @3900 miles and it was replaced. only things I can find so far.

bigmoose

Established Member
No. A dead battery will not affect the tune. It will reset the emission monitors so you'll need to complete a drive cycle before testing if required. The car will also need to relearn idle so it might idle a little rough at first.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
23.5k is pretty steep money for a stock blower Terminator, even with 14k miles. Not saying it's a terrible price, but definitely not a deal. What color is it? If it's black or silver, your overpaying IMO.

grabber08

Established Member
its not black or silver. not paying 23.5. its redfire. whats a good price for the car then? becauseeverywhere I look miles are 45 plus and price is over 20 for most depending on color. I have seen asking price of 25 with 47 on mystichrome. I know its a special color and interior combo.

Last edited:

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
It's what it's worth to you.

Are you willing to risk losing this while you try to find something cheaper?

For 23k it should be exactly what you want in every aspect.

If Sonic Blue is your thing, pass on this.

Last edited:

Jmurrz

Established Member
23.5k is pretty steep money for a stock blower Terminator, even with 14k miles. Not saying it's a terrible price, but definitely not a deal. What color is it? If it's black or silver, your overpaying IMO.

I am sorry but I disagree here. Location plays a big part in price. Here, A clean 14k mile car is 25-27k all day long... With a bigger blower and fuel system you can't touch one for under 28k.

To the OP, sounds like a nice car, if it is what you want, don't hesitate. Get exactly what you want the first time, or you will be kicking yourself for not waiting.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I am sorry but I disagree here. Location plays a big part in price. Here, A clean 14k mile car is 25-27k all day long... With a bigger blower and fuel system you can't touch one for under 28k.

To the OP, sounds like a nice car, if it is what you want, don't hesitate. Get exactly what you want the first time, or you will be kicking yourself for not waiting.

I agree, location dictates price on these tremendously. I honestly don't think price is crazy for mileage, buy op you have to know 100% what you want. For me it was Redfire or Sonic blue. Don't settle.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

Fair enough - like I said I don't think it's a bad price, just not a deal. I will also agree, don't settle on color though - get a color you really like\want - whatever that is for you.

grabber08

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I love the redfire. Looked at some MC cars and 10th annv. Cars. They were 25ish with alot more miles. Car has some nice mods. Not over top for me. Things I do anyway.remember the 23500 was asking. What would you offer?

ATFPat

Established Member
its not black or silver. not paying 23.5. its redfire. whats a good price for the car then? becauseeverywhere I look miles are 45 plus and price is over 20 for most depending on color. I have seen asking price of 25 with 47 on mystichrome. I know its a special color and interior combo.

I've been looking for one the past few weeks and the asking prices around here are high (PA Area) and they don't seem to be moving. The deals seem to be out West and a few good ones toward your area down south.

Last edited:

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I think $23-23.5k for a mint 14,000 mile car with light mods and a clean history is pretty much spot on, maybe even a little low for it with that low of mileage on the car. I've seen some with x2 to x3 that mileage sell for ~$20k. I'd try to get it at $22k, but if the seller doesn't go that low, I'd be just fine with $23k.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd shoot for 22k as well. In 2010 I bought my redfire for 19,500 and it just hit 20k miles. had a couple boltons but stock pulley on blower.

Users who are viewing this thread