2003 Cobra RACES VIPER R/T10

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
VIPER: 93 (pristeen condition 16K miles, intake mods, exhaust, light weight rims)

2003 Cobra: Only 3" cat-back, K&N, Superchip with crappy tune (Diablo chip produced almost 30 more at the wheels)

Its my friends Viper. He let me drive it. ITs a TORQUE MONSTER! Lots of attention in the car (my next car btw). Anyway I was impressed but not shocked. I said I *think* I'm quicker. So he says "lets race!"

WE line them up and agree to go from about a 15 MPH roll due to traction problems. I agreed.

WE raced FOUR TIMES from about 15 MPH. Neither of us are great drivers mind you. I pulled past his front bumper in 1st. Made about a 2 car pull in 2nd before we shut down (corner).

SAME RESULTS 4 TIMES! The 2003 Cobra can SMOKE A FIRST GENERATION VIPER even with some slight mods.

I *THINK* I can hang with a newer GTS. I *think*!

TODAY GOES IN MY TOP TEN DAYS OF MY LIFE!

1. Get to Ride in Viper.
2. Get to DRIVE Viper.
3. Get to RACE Viper.
4. Get to SMOKE Viper.

Still going to BUY Viper.... (drool)

:) (BIG CHEESEY GRIN!)

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Nice Kill :-D How come you didnt run them a longer distance? Anyhow not that it matters, sounds like you had a great day (a day a peon like me would dream of).

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
You should have switch cars with your friend and raced again to see who would win. 1st Gen Vipers have 400HP so it's pretty close. I have driven a 2000 GTS and if you think you can beat that your sadly mistaken. I have driven an '03 Cobra and just by the SOTP meter the Viper feels much faster.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
We are going to run them again on the highway. He wants to try starting out in 2nd next time. Like from a 40 MPH roll.

I dont know. I think with 420 at the REAR I am at about 460 at the motor. I plan on doing a custom chip tune.

Think I can hang pretty well with the GTS 450 HP.

Pulley and its over for the GTS!!

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I just cant believe we are in a Mustang and handin the C5 is azz and running with the Vipers...

WOW! Finally Ford made a fast car.

robiferretti

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
I just cant believe we are in a Mustang and handin the C5 is azz and running with the Vipers...

WOW! Finally Ford made a fast car.

Hey now:p

come out on the 22nd you should hav recieved my email, you can run all the vipers you want, and nsx's, and prsches, and ferrari's etc:beer:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by robiferretti

Hey now:p

come out on the 22nd you should hav recieved my email, you can run all the vipers you want, and nsx's, and prsches, and ferrari's etc:beer:

22nd of when, this month?

Good runs Fast :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
We are going to run them again on the highway. He wants to try starting out in 2nd next time. Like from a 40 MPH roll.

I dont know. I think with 420 at the REAR I am at about 460 at the motor. I plan on doing a custom chip tune.

Think I can hang pretty well with the GTS 450 HP.

Pulley and its over for the GTS!!

Dude if you are running 420 RWHP conservatively that is 485 at the crank. That is only calculating a 13% loss for the drivetrain.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I was running 420 that day on the dyno. 413.7 SAE corrected.

I would like to get my Torque higher.

I think a lower pulley unit and custom tune and I will be 100 HP at the wheels higher than I am now with the Superchip (395 ish RWHP).

The Diablo chip should come in this week. Hopefully it works better this time.

LS1 Guy

Established Member
This does not surprise me. I was absolutely destroyed by an '03 (Jim V.). My car pulled a 12.98 @ 108.8 in 95^ heat. This race wasn't even close and I had a good jump I thought. This car is an 11 second car with a chip, cat back, and intake. And, being a chevy guy, I have not problem with this car being supercharged. Alot of guys on the SLP forum have major issues with this car being s/c. They can't handle it. Sore losers. I have never heard more excuses in my life.

LS1 Guy

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Anti Ricer welcome and enjoy your stay

Thanks! But I have been here before. My past name was LS1 Guy. For some reason I was having problems logging on so I just registered as a new person. Thanks anyway.

Stan.

Mowgli

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
... I have driven a 2000 GTS and if you think you can beat that your sadly mistaken....

True, but remember a 93 RT/10 and a 2000 GTS are different beasts completely.

Users who are viewing this thread