2003 Cobra RACES VIPER R/T10

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
VIPER: 93 (pristeen condition 16K miles, intake mods, exhaust, light weight rims)

2003 Cobra: Only 3" cat-back, K&N, Superchip with crappy tune (Diablo chip produced almost 30 more at the wheels)

Its my friends Viper. He let me drive it. ITs a TORQUE MONSTER! Lots of attention in the car (my next car btw). Anyway I was impressed but not shocked. I said I *think* I'm quicker. So he says "lets race!"

WE line them up and agree to go from about a 15 MPH roll due to traction problems. I agreed.

WE raced FOUR TIMES from about 15 MPH. Neither of us are great drivers mind you. I pulled past his front bumper in 1st. Made about a 2 car pull in 2nd before we shut down (corner).

SAME RESULTS 4 TIMES! The 2003 Cobra can SMOKE A FIRST GENERATION VIPER even with some slight mods.

I *THINK* I can hang with a newer GTS. I *think*!

TODAY GOES IN MY TOP TEN DAYS OF MY LIFE!

1. Get to Ride in Viper.
2. Get to DRIVE Viper.
3. Get to RACE Viper.
4. Get to SMOKE Viper.

Still going to BUY Viper.... (drool)

:) (BIG CHEESEY GRIN!)

A's Cobra

Established Member
nice kill , vipers are awsome, I'd like one too, but I had to have the back seat:burnout:

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
When it comes to looks the Viper is the sexiest, hottest, car I've EVER fallen in love with...

Talk about attention when you're out driving one WEW! Man people almost wreck...

I needed the back seat too. But I figure I will sell the Cobra and buy a BEATER. Then park the Viper in the garage and RUB VIGOROUSLY WITH A DIAPER AND ZAINO!

Autolycus

Established Member
That’s awesome I have a story you will like. I raced a 95 R/T 14,400 miles on it no mods . We went three time once from a stop and I killed him off the line and by third I was at lest 6 or 7 car lengths a head. 2 time we went from a roll about 15 to 20 and then hit it stayed close till third then I pulled hard on him by 4th I was about 3 or 4 cars a head I think and the the 3rd time we went from 30 to 35 and we stay neck and neck till about 115 then let off before we got caught. I am going to the track on the 29th with a set of street slicks I hope right now my mods are a UPR cold air intake and full Bassani Exhaust about 3000 miles on her cant wait to get to the track to see what I can to 13's here I come :) My next mods will be a shifter pro 5.0 and a pulley and not sure about the chip I might wait to see if Kenny bell gets his set up out in January I don’t want to open up the computer and say good bye warrantee since I can only drive her another month or so snows coming time to get out the Explorer there is a 2001 in my home town i hope to get a chance to play with him befor it snows

Autolycus
MN

Users who are viewing this thread