2003 Cobra Shifting Problems (hard shifts)

Venom97

Established Member
I bought an 03 Cobra a few weeks ago with 19k miles on it. When I got the car it shifted ok, but felt a little notchy. I did the factory adjustment on it by pulling th clutch pedal up, holding the adjuster and pushing the clutch down then returning the pedal. This helped the car with regular driving. The car shifts smooth into all gears.

I went the the track yesterday and I can't hit any of my gears hard/fast. I've driven tons of cars and have no problems shifting fast. If I slow my shift down it will go in fine. Am I having a problem with the clutch not disengauging enough? What type of quadrent would I need?

Thanks,
Mike

MileHighTurbo

Established Member
Change trans fluid to penzoil syncromesh

there is also a washer you can ad to lesson the detent do a search

sorry caps botton broke,lol

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Lose the factory plastic adjuster and get a new quadrant and firewall adjuster. Sounds like it just needs a clutch adjustment to me.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
What happen is there is a metal plate were the quadrant rests on and when u shift quike the quad hits it and loosens the cable again, what I did was cut alil off and then with ur palm push one or two clicks up on quad this will tightn the cable pulling more and dis engadge the clutch more results in smoother shift.
Ivan030.jpg

Ivan029.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread