2003 cobra vs 05 evo vIII

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
This evo wants to race me, my mods are in my sig, How would I do against him in a dig or roll, with my driving I can run between 11.9-12.1, Im not sure how he is at driving but he says he wants to put money on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mits...ewItemQQcategoryZ43919QQitemZ4611473408QQrdZ1

the evo has: HKS racing intake -HKS SSQV BOV W/ hardpipe and recirculation kit -turbo XS turbomainfold and dump -walbro 255lph fuel pump -samco limited edition raditator hosing -HKS 30th ann stainless exaust -HKS downpipe -Apexi S-AFC Version II Black Fuel Controller -DT racing testpipe -HKS EVC limited edition boost controller -HKS type1 turbo timer -defi gauges - Greddy R-spec front mount -HKS 272 cams -Skunk 2 adj cam gears - Dyanmic racing alky set up - fynetune proformance tune - exedy cluth and flywheel -380cc injectors ( i boguht them from a budd i cant remember the name but they were brand new) this car put out 372whp on the dyno and with a flash youll get more! its an easy 11 second car

3000ways

Established Member
You should still win, although it will be closer than you expect, his EVO is a 11 second car, probably with proper driving run a 11.8@115-116MPH, but your car probably would run similiar times with a higher trap. If you race from a roll, you should pull atleast two cars, but a dig race, especially if your on street tires would not look favorable for you if he knows how to launch.

mustangbee

Established Member
^^^what he said...from a roll..its all cobra...from a dig, if he has any launching skill, you'll get pulled

1.8t

Established Member
First off, the guy is a moron. There is NO WAY that the mods he has listed are worth $10k. Second, he bought 380cc injectors?!?!? Stock Evo injectors are 550cc, wtf is he planning on doing w/ 380s?? Your typical moronic, ricer evo owner. I hope you beat the @#$# out of him.

Camaro99SS

Established Member
He may hang with you from a dig in an 1/8 mile, but it's all over for him after that. If he's being a ****y jerk about it, run him for money on 1/4 terms or from a roll, and tell him you have a bigger pulley then you really do. ;-) Face it, the guy still has the stock turbo so after the launch his car can't be that big of a deal. :-D

Jason

1.8t

Established Member
Fastest stock turbo car ran a 10.9@124mph. Just because it has the stock turbo means nothing. There are PLENTY of 400+whp evo's on the stock turbo. MOST, just don't waste their time to maxing out the stock turbo when you can just get a bigger one and make more power at a much lower level of boost.

EvoOwner

Now with even MORE ownage
Established Member
after reading through that evos mod list and ignoring things like "samco limited edition raditator hosing" which just tells me he is running out of things to list on his "10k" evo, I'd say that evo is no way an easy 11 sec car as he states. Essentially it's basically a bolt-on evo with cams. Not saying on race gas with a phenominal driver it can't run 11's, but def not the norm.

SLVRF16

Established Member
EvoOwner said:
after reading through that evos mod list and ignoring things like "samco limited edition raditator hosing" which just tells me he is running out of things to list on his "10k" evo, I'd say that evo is no way an easy 11 sec car as he states. Essentially it's basically a bolt-on evo with cams. Not saying on race gas with a phenominal driver it can't run 11's, but def not the norm.

Agreed.

Btw, the stock turbo on the EVO is very capable of mid-low 11s.

-M

tylerdurden06

monster tard
Established Member
Regardless of what he has under the hood, With 372 AWHP and excellent driving, the EVO is a mid 11 sec car. Remember that some stock Evo owners have put down a 13 flat because of great driving skills. On the 1320 it will be a drivers race, but from a roll, you will own him... Probably start pulling once he shifts into 3rd gear and continue pulling. I owned an 03 EVO VIII and completely stock with just drop springs, I did a best of 13.1 at 103. The worst time I had was a 13.8 mis-shifting into 2nd. on dyno day at MachV a while back I dyno'd at 239 AWHP and 252 Tq... So you can clearly see that with good driving it will be a good race

DocEwww

Bottle Happy
Established Member
Camaro99SS said:
Face it, the guy still has the stock turbo so after the launch his car can't be that big of a deal. :-D

:lol:

Cam + Bolt on 05 Evos run STRONG. I think he has you covered pretty well from a dig on the street. The roll race you should be able to edge him out, but it definetly should be fairly close.

racebronco2

Established Member
i would run him from a roll only, tell him that there is no way a 3700 cobra can hang with an awd rocket " everyone know that the evo's can't be touches from a dig, it just wouldn't be fair"

TEABG

Banned
1.8t said:
First off, the guy is a moron. There is NO WAY that the mods he has listed are worth $10k. Second, he bought 380cc injectors?!?!? Stock Evo injectors are 550cc, wtf is he planning on doing w/ 380s?? Your typical moronic, ricer evo owner. I hope you beat the @#$# out of him.

:smmon: :idea:
Starting to like the EVO owner's post!!!!

atlvalet

Established Member
TEABG said:
CLEAN YOUR EXAUST TIP!

Titanium:

Symbol: Ti
Atomic number: 22
Atomic weight: 47.867

Why don't you try to keep things civil and not ruin this thread.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
atlvalet said:
Titanium:

Symbol: Ti
Atomic number: 22
Atomic weight: 47.867

Why don't you try to keep things civil and not ruin this thread.

Guess I will listen to L.L. motto, do not feed the trolls!

Last edited:

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I think it'd def. be a good race. He'll take you from a dig but you should be able to catch back up. Run for fun and see how it turns out. If nothing else you'll get a better judge of what your capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread