2003 cobra vs 2002 gti pushing 22lbs.

vinnycobra03

Established Member
I was driving home from the gym the other night, when a blue gti pulled next to me. He reved and it had a major b.o.v. (super loud). Normally, not to sound cocky, I don't waste gas on certain cars, a 2002 gti normally being one of them. I figured what the hell though since he sounded pretty rowdy. Well I dropped in to second and three honked. I ended up pulling on him by about 4 car lengths (maybe more, wasn't paying attention when he was getting so small in my rear view).

Well we caught a light. He asked what I had done to my car, when I replied nothing it's pretty much stock. He was surprised stating, "there is no way, I'm pushing 22lbs. and have a protune."

Well sir... I have a 03 cobra

besides no offense to vw owners (who in my experience are weird hipsters), but 22lbs. is definately not enough if your only rocking a 1.8l.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
Good kill. I went up to york to visit my buddy and those little bastards are everywhere. Cocky too, I had one get right on my ass while I was in the slow lane. Needless to say he got his feeling hurt soon after.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
my town is infested with cocky Vdubbers.... One kid that I went to school with has a Mk5 GTI and he would go around talking smack and saying his car was unbeatable... Well my friend at the time had a 350Z with some boltons and a reflashed PCM, and put about 8 car lengths on this GTI... The kid in the GTI got a chip and said he was running 20lbs and running low 12's, and my friend put about 6 cars on him this time....

Good kill

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
those things are turds. this little punk kid was talking so much shit about how mustangs are piles and his R32 was just too legit. then he saw me pull up in the Terminator and didn't have much to say afterwards.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kill! I've met a few cool VW guys, but a lot are strange. I'll never understand the stretched tire thing.

speedsun

Established Member
I have a friend that has an 09 2.0 GTI. upgraded turbo and running meth... he put down like 370whp. Says its still slow compared to his Trans Am that makes 497 on spray, but a good dd haha

Quin

Established Member
I always think VR6 when I see GTI... I was like whaaaaaat, no way. lol 1.8Ts are mostly turds.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
I have a friend that has an 09 2.0 GTI. upgraded turbo and running meth... he put down like 370whp. Says its still slow compared to his Trans Am that makes 497 on spray, but a good dd haha

I believe him. those things weight like 3000-3100 lbs and won't have anywhere near the torque of the TA. Those numbers aren't bad.... but that is with meth. Probably a turd without it.

TheHitman™

Established Member
I believe him. those things weight like 3000-3100 lbs and won't have anywhere near the torque of the TA. Those numbers aren't bad.... but that is with meth. Probably a turd without it.

I don't know but 370whp even with little torque and weighing 3000lbs would be pretty peppy, especially knowing the small turbos and short gearing those cars have.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
never really met a cocky vw guys, they may drive like they got a fast car, but im sure they know hondas, and lightly modded toyotas are the only thing under them in the food chain...

speedsun

Established Member
I don't know but 370whp even with little torque and weighing 3000lbs would be pretty peppy, especially knowing the small turbos and short gearing those cars have.

Its a lot of wheel spin. The turbo he has on it is a k04. So its not small, but not huge either. Kinda comparable to a GT28. Every time he has dyno'd it the tq numbers have been similar to the hp, throughout his build. He also has the DSG tranny so its hella fast at shifting.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
guy on a local forum in columbus has a 460rwhp GTI. his car was built specifically for highway rolls, and was pretty damn good at hurting peoples' feelings when it wasn't eating transmissions.

BAD351W

Established Member
Buddy of mine has an 04 R32 thats pretty quick from a dig with the awd. I still managed to put 4 1/2-5 cars on him in the quarter from a dig with my stock 97 Cobra though. Its still a badass car though, sounds good and is real fun to drive.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
Buddy of mine has an 04 R32 thats pretty quick from a dig with the awd. I still managed to put 4 1/2-5 cars on him in the quarter from a dig with my stock 97 Cobra though. Its still a badass car though, sounds good and is real fun to drive.

:lol: 5 cars lol. I bet they are pretty fun to drive though. I wouldnt mind DD'ing one

Users who are viewing this thread