2003 cobra vs. supercharged viper!

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
i will be posting the video this week, and yes to all the naysayers, the viper looses, my friends 2003 cobra has 2.8 pulley, ported blower, 3.73 gear, upper and lower control, maf, throttle body, nos dry 80shot, h/d clutch, stock fuel system, produced 612rwhp on dyno (thanks jeff harris) i will def. get video up this week, its hiliarious, viper has a procharger? 10-60lb injectors, poor tune though, 8lbs boost, exhaust, and minor bolt ons, dont worry video coming this week! :burn:

AZ_Sidewinder

Snakes Rule! (Both Kinds)
Established Member
If it was like a race from 30-80 it might be understandable but a supercharged viper seems like it would kill the cobra after that... It is in favor of aerodynamics, weight, most likely power (supercharged vipers at 8lbs are over 600hp right?). It just doesn't add up.

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
my friends viper made 520hp and 606lbs of torque, it was running lean and the shop that we were at was not equipped to tune the viper, he is having it retuned and then there will be another race. (still think it will lose, as video shows its not that pretty and the viper leaves on the 2nd honk! lol) i was blown away by this race, but on the street anything is possible

DEADEYE

Banned
StangJason said:
Told you guys!!!! HAHA!

Given the lack of info on the original post, everyone thought the Viper would be a healthy one. I think we all made educated guesses assuming the best of both cars.

What year is that Viper?

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
ummmm. good question, i will have to ask him, he told me but i forgot, i think 00-02 somewhere in there. pretty sure, i will find out and put it up before i post video

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This is a dumb race. An untuned 8psi s/c on viper making only 520rwhp :nonono: He should have just unplugged two spark plugs to make it more fair.

Obviously the viper owner doesn't care about the safety of his motor to run around untuned in a car that does not come with a s/c from the factory.

No making excuses, just pointing out how lame this race is.

UtOhCop

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
This is a dumb race. An untuned 8psi s/c on viper making only 520rwhp :nonono: He should have just unplugged two spark plugs to make it more fair.

Obviously the viper owner doesn't care about the safety of his motor to run around untuned in a car that does not come with a s/c from the factory.

Just about to say the same thing GT. I've seen dyno's of stock SRT-10's running a paxton kit and hitting 599rwhp at 6psi.

tom03lightning

Established Member
I raced this TT viper, and one inlet pipe was removed and it had no fuel pumps, and was running on 3 wheels, and the driver sat in the right seat, and the car would only go into reverse, but man I smoked him.

LAME

Stopsign32v

Established Member
AHAHAHAHA So many idiots jumped to the conclusion that the Cobra would lose without even knowing any details!! :lol: :lol:

"well...well...if the Viper had a tune..and umm it had been on race gas..and umm had new plugs..it woulda won!" :lol: :loser:

Funny as shit, people like that are the ones that lose teh money in races. :rockon:

96Creeper

Featured Rcoupe
Established Member
you are all obviously not paying attention, i said it was tuned but it is running out of fuel, and it already had upgraded injectors. it has an aftermarket ecu and chip, it just runs like shit, haha, and all you viper owners are pissed!

tom03lightning

Established Member
Hate to have to turn the tables then, HERE IS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!

This is a certain KB '03 Cobra (we all know who), and a Viper GTS. The viper has 484rwhp and 543 rwtq (headers, exhaust, intake, vec 2 dyno tune). The cobra has at least 750rwhp and tq. And look at the race.

Sorry I had to use putfile and sorry its dark but very clear to see what happened. (vid from the viper)

http://media.putfile.com/SC-cobra-Viper-GTS

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
tom03lightning said:
Hate to have to turn the tables then, HERE IS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!

This is a certain KB '03 Cobra (we all know who), and a Viper GTS. The viper has 484rwhp and 543 rwtq (headers, exhaust, intake, vec 2 dyno tune). The cobra has at least 750rwhp and tq. And look at the race.

Sorry I had to use putfile and sorry its dark but very clear to see what happened. (vid from the viper)

http://media.putfile.com/SC-cobra-Viper-GTS

IF that's predator03's CObra, it's making 640rwhp, not 750rwhp. Stock motor.

CObra got him, but not by much.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
tom03lightning said:
Not predator's think Chicago

SVTDUBS? I couldn't tel lwhether it was mineral gray or redfire in the video.....Seems like he should have pulled more. That video of Pred03, he pulls that H/C viper with less power, harder.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
why is it that viper owners always shift slow as hell. lol

I don't shift slow :shrug:

Unless you replace the stock shift the throws are fairly long and with the rubber insulator between the shifter knob and the tranny, it make for a really vague feel. You don't really know if you have 1st or 3rd/3rd or 5th.

I locked up my rear wheels once pwershifting from 2nd to 3rd. I thought I had 3rd but actually had 1st at over 80mph :??:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
GTSpartan said:

+1 :thumbsup:

The tune on an FI vehicle is everything, just about everyone posting here should know that.

Users who are viewing this thread