2003 cobra zinc yellow 1130 miles

supeg

Established Member

03svtvenom

Established Member
Now why would I do that? If you are looking at the mods in my sig they are on my black 03 cobra that I still have. This car was for my wife and never modded.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Semi-off topic, but how do you go about buying a vehicle in another state, then driving it cross country legally? Is there some type of temp tag for this?

03svtvenom

Established Member
Thanks for the help Paul. From what I can find out from my DMV in Colorado is that once I sign over the title to someone they can take it to a DMV here with proof of insurance and get a temp tag for 30 days.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
But wouldn't you need title in hand to get proof of insurance?
I'm trying to figure out how something like that would work.

BTW, I am interested in your car, but I am trying to consider the logistics of a long distance purchase, and don't want to put a bid on ebay... I don't like ebay, and don't want to commit until I understand how it would work.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I purchased my car from outta state and yes it does need to be insured. Hopefully whoever you bought the car from has no liens on the car, once you pay the seller he either takes the check and hands you the title (how i did it, owner owned the car) or have your bank wire the money to pay off the car so you can get the title. Fax your title to your insurance company and they will fax you a sheet that says your new car is insured.

Best thing is to get all info from seller and contact your credit union. When I did it it was very smooth.

Last edited:

03svtvenom

Established Member
Might want to contact your insurance agent. I called mine yesterday and he said he didnt need to see a title for anything I want to insure with them. All he said he needed was the vin and some info from me to insure a car.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
is it the yellow car at mile hi? I was just there last week and I was also in littleton, I love that area. It is probably where I will move next year. PM me if you dont mind about the area, what there is to do, car spots, job potential (telecom), and the like.

ttt for you

03svtvenom

Established Member
Hey Eric
Joe here from Mile Hi Dyno, ya it's the yellow cobra in the shop. Car was bought for my wife and she just don't drive it at all. I'll PM you and give you my #.
Thanks
Joe

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
oh cool, I didnt know you lived in littleton. yeah, Ill give you a ring tonight or you can call me at 630-768-0761

Users who are viewing this thread