2003 DSG Cobra Convertible 41k miles in Austin, Tx

OverToad

Established Member
Good Morning, all. :)

My name is Kurt, and I'm posting my Cobra for sale. I'd been signed up on this site since 2002 when I bought my first Terminator. After selling it and "growing up" into trucks for utility purposes, I entered my mid-life crisis stage in 2010 and purchased another one, hehe. When I lived two blocks from work it was an amazing car to have, but now that I've got a 40-minute commute in rush-hour traffic every day, I've elected to purchase something more comfortable. (I kept it in the Ford family...an SHO :) ). This means my second Terminator is being sold, though I do reserve the right to purchase a third one sometime in the future. ;)

The car has been maintained by Maximum Velocity Performance in San Antonio. Tracy has always exceeded my expectations and needs in more ways than one so the drive to SA was nothing.

To the history and details of the car...

Purchased from a collector in Alabama, the car spent the first seven years of it's life in a climate controlled storage garage. After hiring a local shop to put it on a lift and give it a clean bill of health, I flew down and drove it back. It's been a great car and if I didn't have a long commute every day I wouldn't be selling it.

The car has never been in an accident. There is a spot about half the size of a finger-nail on the hood where a rock chip flaked a tiny bit of paint off. It did not dent the metal so there is no rust. There is a very tiny door ding behind the driver’s side scoop. That’s it.

Repairs:

-I just put brand new brake pads and rotors all the way around the car

-In December the alternator went out so that was replaced. As a precaution I installed a brand new battery

-The TOB started chattering a few months ago so I had a Spec Clutch Kit sent to Tracy and I drove down to have not just the TOB but the entire clutch kit put in since the car had 40k miles and we’d have to take down the tranny anyway. Once down the mechanic indicated that the disks still had 20-30k miles left on it, so we installed the TOB and didn’t mess with the disks. It turns out American Muscle had sent the wrong disks so they had to send an entirely brand new kit.

This brand new clutch kit will go along with the sale of the car so that’ll be $250 you won’t have to spend on a new clutch.

We did go ahead and install the quadrant adjuster.

The tires have some tread left on them but depending on how many miles and how hard one would drive the car they’ll need to be replaced in roughly a year or so. They are Nitto 275 all the way around.

The rims are factory chromes and have no rashing or flaking whatsoever.

No front plate bracket on the front.

The car will also come with a set of the Embroidered Cobra floor mats, which have never been used and are sitting in my closet.

I’m asking $19,899 for the car and still drive it on the weekends. I am motivated to sell it but will not give it away. ;)

I’ve always enjoyed this site though I haven’t posted in a while. If there are any questions I can answer please do not hesitate to ask. You may PM me but for a quicker response email directly to [email protected].

Thanks and have a great day!

IMAG0399.jpg
IMAG0398.jpg
IMAG0397.jpg
IMAG0394.jpg
IMAG0401.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread