2003 GT Full Exhaust and Gears.

Grn 03GT

Hello, I am new to the forums. I have a 2003 sonic blue Mustang GT. I was going to add 3.73 gears and change out all the bearings and seals in the process. I was also going to have the axles changed to Moser and rebuild the T-lok differential at the same time. I got a quote of $400.00 for labor at a Ford dealership to do this is that good? I also wanted to change out the exhaust by the winter. I was looking at going BBK long tube headers and a catless h-pipe. I was then going to go with the Borla S Stinger catbacks. I already have a tuner which I know I will need to tune it to have it run properly after the install and not throw codes. Does anyone know of a place in the Indiana area that will install this setup with it being catless?

Stang Lover

Established Member
Welcome. If you have the tools and a weekend it's not bad to install LT. Hopefully others will chime in that probably know some good shops around there. Though $400 seems like a fair price to install gears even from a dealership.

Last edited:

Grn 03GT

Yeah, I thought $400 to intasll a gear set with all the bearings, seals, new spline axles, and carbon discs on the T-lok diff was pretty fair. I called around and a lot of places woudn't do it because of me having my own parts. Also Edwards Transmissions was trying to charge me $660.00 for the labor which I felt was too much. Yeah, the off road H and the catbacks would be fairly simple. I was just worried abput the long tubes, because the engine may have to be removed or lifted and I don't have the tools for that. I was thinking of getting those installed professioanlly, but don't know a shop in my area that would install since the mid-pipe would be catless. Hopefully some one does chime in with places that would in my area. Thank you for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread