2003 gt vs 5.0

zacmustang03

Established Member
so on my way home from edmonton alberta to kelowna bc. running down highway 2 where the speed limit seems to be whatever everyone feels like doing that day. im cruising at about 110kph when I see a black 5.0 vert coming up behind me.

As him and his gf/wife pulls up along side me he gives me a smirk like why would I need those 325s out back on my simple 2003 gt kinda look.

the car must of had exhaust because it was pretty loud as he burped the gas when he passed by . I put my car in 4th and paced him . As soon as I did that he slowed down and downshifted. I did the same and here he is big smile on his face looking forward very ready to smoke me.

I didnt honk and neither did he, he just dropped the hammer and took off. I was expecting this and I followed suit. I pulled a solid 3 cars by the time I shifted 4th and carried fourth until I saw his nose drop. by the time he gave up I was 5 or 6 cars on him. I slowed down and he cruised on by didnt give me a second look but was laughin pretty good when he went on by.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
LOL, I did the same thing to a guy in a '02 SS in my Vortech Mach.

Street rule number 1: Never think your car is the fastest, you'll be in for a disappointment.

Mach Boy

Established Member
I dont even know if he thought he was the fastest just that his newer more powerful mustang was superior to my 11 year old car.

Good kill. Of course he thought he was going to be faster. The odds of running into a car modded such as yours are slim to none.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Good kill. Of course he thought he was going to be faster. The odds of running into a car modded such as yours are slim to none.
ya I understood where his mind was at. its part of the reason I enjoy my car. I am a fan of those 5.0s to really good lookin car when it comes bearin down on you. I just brought more this time around.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
That's gotta pretty much ruin your day. Esp if the GF/Wife is sarcastic. "Hey watch this babe, I'm gonna smoke this old POS", VROOM " Jeesh I thought u said your car was fast honey, is it broken? He just left you sitting here. I thought you were going to race him."

zacmustang03

Established Member
That's gotta pretty much ruin your day. Esp if the GF/Wife is sarcastic. "Hey watch this babe, I'm gonna smoke this old POS", VROOM " Jeesh I thought u said your car was fast honey, is it broken? He just left you sitting here. I thought you were going to race him."
hahaha ya that would do it. the look on her face was like.... she wasnt sure if maybe my car was suppose to be making that noise or not but definitely suprised as I passed by

zacmustang03

Established Member
And on that day, the smackdown was laid!
ya i cant even say my car is a sleeper with that 4 inch cowl and 325 mickeys on it.
thanks man
I just got my go pro so ill be using it as much as possible here. altho im pulling my motor in a couple weeks. overbore , new pistons and upping compression

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I can just imagine the feeling he got In his stomach as soon as he heard the Eaton sing its tune.
A buddy of mine has an 04 screaming yellow vert and the sound of the blower whine is priceless.

Good Kill.

zacmustang03

Established Member
Lmao, good kill.
Thanks man
I can just imagine the feeling he got In his stomach as soon as he heard the Eaton sing its tune.
A buddy of mine has an 04 screaming yellow vert and the sound of the blower whine is priceless.

Good Kill.
ya I love the sound of that eaton. I am doing a shortblock here right away and I think I want to put the eaton back on instead of upgrading just because of the sound.

Elwood617

Established Member
Nice race, it good to remind people to be humble :)

ya i cant even say my car is a sleeper with that 4 inch cowl and 325 mickeys on it.
He may have thought you are one of those guys who have nothing but apperance mods.

LOL, I did the same thing to a guy in a '02 SS in my Vortech Mach.

Street rule number 1: Never think your car is the fastest, you'll be in for a disappointment.

+1 Absolutely, man you never know what you are going to find out there :)

Users who are viewing this thread