2003 KB Cobra, first time with it at the strip...

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Tires Question..

What size spacer do you have on those 10.5" wide wheels and do you have any rub? I'm considering getting the same tires for the street to help the Whipple and 3.73 gears hook. I have 3/8" spacers on 10.5" wheels and was hoping it wouldn't rub and that the tires would last longer than the BFG DR's, those lasted half as long as the MT DR's and the Hoosier DR's I've had on in the past. I'd have to say I'll probably get 1000 miles out of BFGs and I get about 3000 out of Hoosier and MT's.

How long do you think they'll last on the street, what is your experience or do you just use them at the track? Any input on this tire for fit and street use and life would be appreciated. And no I would never drive it in the rain, heck I swerve to avoid puddles and damp spots from sprinklers as it is..

Jerry

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
That's one fast ass KB Cobra you got there, buddy!!! :beer:

What in the hell's done to it!? I'm assuming you're on a race gas tune, right? That's a lot of power!

97mustang17

Established Member
nice times man there s 2.2 kb cobra out here and the best i have ever seen him run is a 12.8 it makes me mad to watch

N20gt

Established Member
What size spacer do you have on those 10.5" wide wheels and do you have any rub? I'm considering getting the same tires for the street to help the Whipple and 3.73 gears hook. I have 3/8" spacers on 10.5" wheels and was hoping it wouldn't rub and that the tires would last longer than the BFG DR's, those lasted half as long as the MT DR's and the Hoosier DR's I've had on in the past. I'd have to say I'll probably get 1000 miles out of BFGs and I get about 3000 out of Hoosier and MT's.

How long do you think they'll last on the street, what is your experience or do you just use them at the track? Any input on this tire for fit and street use and life would be appreciated. And no I would never drive it in the rain, heck I swerve to avoid puddles and damp spots from sprinklers as it is..

Jerry

They will rub, jimbo had the fenders rolled.

stunuts

Established Member
Wow, we must all be bored... post up pics of the clutch so people know WHAT NOT TO DO with a DFX.

oh you mean these?????

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread