2003 KB Cobra, first time with it at the strip...

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
That's haulin for a full weight car on 17's. You'll pick up 2 to3 tenths when you powershift that beast. Nice job and your launches looked smooth.

Jimbo1221

Established Member
That's haulin for a full weight car on 17's. You'll pick up 2 to3 tenths when you powershift that beast. Nice job and your launches looked smooth.

:beer: Thanks, can't wait to get that IRS Brace on, and go again.

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Just picked the car up a little over a month ago, and decided to bring it to Real Street Drags up at Great Lakes Dragaway in WI.

After 3 runs, first run, I missed 3rd :nonono:

Second run, 11.06 @ 125

Third run, 11.004 @ 127

Final Run, 10.78 @ 129

I'll post up slips and a video after my buddy Larry gets the stuff over to me.

WOW

Funny how no one cared to mention this over on ChicagoGay****s err I mean ChicagoSVT

Jimbo1221

Established Member
Shit happens, I missed 3rd, everyone roasted the shit out of me... No big deal, it was funny to see the reaction after I came back and whooped some ass and busted out the well deserved 10 second time slip.

Jimbo1221

Established Member
Thanks guys. I need to get the diff brace on, and maybe I'll be able to launch it instead of slippping the hell out of my clutch. I'd like to keep the IRS for as long as I can, so I'm going to continue to baby it for some time.

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
I let the car cool down for about 45 minutes on the last run. I launched at 5,000 and slipped the hell of out the clutch, and left. Granny shifted... so I'll be interested to attempt powershifting. Overall, it was a great time, there were a few of us who accomplished some goals, and we won money too!

I am tuned for 100 octane, daily drive it, and boost 21#-23# depending on temperature. Didn't have a chance to peek the boost gauge during my last run.

Can't wait to change the oil, change the blower oil, and install the Billetflow IRS Brace and give her another go!

i thought it was 4000-4500?

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
damn it, i live 20 mins from great lakes!! i would have like to see your car run!

excellent runs though, i haven't made it to GLD yet.

SILVER-BULLET

Established Member
Shit happens, I missed 3rd, everyone roasted the shit out of me... No big deal, it was funny to see the reaction after I came back and whooped some ass and busted out the well deserved 10 second time slip.

Anyone who roasts a guy for missing 3rd in a 10 sec. t56 car probably has never driven one. 2nd gear is very short in the 2.66 first gear (Cobra) trans.

Nice job---10.70's is flying @ full weight.

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
jimbo that is a hell good time i wish i had an 1/4 mile track around me all i have is an 1/8th and by the time in in third with stock gears im done not to mention the stock half shafts im scared to death of snapping them like twigs i was babying the shit out of my car at the track the first time. 60 ft like a 2.3 if i lay into it any harder it feels like im breaking shit. ill try peddling the clutch a lil more next time

04spinbra

Established Member
nice times!!!:rockon: i got the same tires what pressure you running at the track i just got them!!!thanks

Users who are viewing this thread