2003 Kenne Bell 2.6 GT.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Trying to help a friend sell his car. He is also willing to trade for a stock 03-04 Cobra. I have seen this car in action and have ridden in it several times even when it was a turbo car. It's a ****ing monster to put it simply. Here is the owners description:

I have a dark metallic red 2003 mustang GT with a cowl hood and a Cervini Stalker front bumper and Torque Thrust II wheels that need lots of attention (they were sitting in a shop for 2 years without polishing and are pitted). It was recently invited to KOTS in Bowling Green. I doubt my car won though, there were some real nice rides there and one put down over 900rwhp... I did run the 3rd fastest 1/4 mile time of 11.07 at 127 on Nitto drag radials with a 1.64 60'... And that was with the stock seats (front/rear), and the spare/jack still in the car... The car weighed 3750 lbs with me in it.

There basically isn't much stock left on it... Other than the interior, radio, A/C, etc.... The motor, trans, rear end are all built... and then some like a roll bar (with swingouts) and a custom center console for the B&M shifter...

It has:
- MPH built Mach (aluminum) short block with forged Ross pistons, Manley rods, and cobra crank in an aluminum Mach block, 8.5:1 Compression ratio
- MPH stage 3+ race heads with MPH spec cams and Manley 130# valve springs
- Race oil pan, billet oil pump gears, 02 timing cover for the 3-bolt tensioner
- Kooks headers, Kooks O/R mid pipe (also a CAT'd mid pipe), Flowmaster CAT back exhauast
- KB 2.6 running 19# of boost
- Built race Performance Automatic AODE trans with a Continental, 5000 stall, torque converter, SFI torque plate
- Strange drive shaft, with Metco safety loop
- Built rear end, Auburn pro 31 spline diff, FRPP 31 spline axles, welded diff tubes and torque boxes, 3.55 FRPP gears
- Metco upper and lower control arms
- Ford GT fuel pumps system that can support 800-900rwhp, 60# injectors, Cobra tank, upgraded FPDM and wiring
- 8-rib belt kit, never thrown a belt although it did start to shred one on the dyno once. (Spare belts included)
- 90mm Lightning MAF with MafXtender

That is the basics of the drive train so please ask if you are curious about any part of it...

On top of the built drive train it has a performance aluminum radiator (Steeda I think), the Canton high capacity reservoir for the KB, the battery relocated to the trunk, X2 ball joints, steeda sport springs (dropped about 1.25"), bump steer kit, 4-bolt CC plates, Strange 10-way adjustible shocks and struts, B&M ratchet shifter, 3 sets of Nittos already mounted on Torque Thrust II wheels (8", 9.5", and 11"), Never used ET 28" slicks screwed to never used Weld draglite racing wheels. Xcal II with MPH tunes on it, A/C and radio work just like stock, Redline hood struts, SFI 8" damper, Fuel pressure/boost/wideband guages.

The car puts down 487 rwhp through the unlocked auto. That should equates to about 602 through a locked converter. If I had to guess I would say it is around 625 through a stick which adds up about right for the ET and MPH I saw at the track for the weight of the car. Take the seats out, put a race seat in the drivers side, pull the spare tire and jack, put in a tubular K-member, strap on the 28" slicks and run mid 10s on a decent track... On 28" ET streets the car 60' at 1.53 and ran 10.87 at full weight so I am sure the car has 1.4x or better 60's in it and that should put it right at 10.5 or better at 1320! Most of this is my best guess since I don't drag race the car that much (4-times since May 2003). If I keep the car I plan to put a T56 in the car! I tried not to short-cut anything on this car's build so she is built about as stout as she can be!

Video from KOTS w/11.07 @ 127
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h275/KB22Cobra/?action=view&current=DCGTvideo.flv

Asking price - $26,000.00 OBO

PM me for contact info to the buyer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread